fancy a beer in Hanoiti Square?

Posted by franknorman 
June 19, 2007 09:30AM
My wife and I (and two kids, 14, 12) are going to Hanoiti on Saturday. We went there last year and had a great time. Anyone fancy meeting up for a beer in the Square one night?

- Frank

frank@designinc.co.uk
Re: fancy a beer in Hanoiti Square?
June 19, 2007 12:29PM
Hi Frank - hope you get some response !! was over for easter so unable to join you - have a beer at Central Cafe on the Square , right opposite the Cig kiosk - tell our friends Thanisis & Menia that Steve & Sherrilyn send their best wishes. The Full English is also very good !! cheers Steve
June 19, 2007 04:15PM
Sounds good. I'll tell them you said they would buy the first round! Just kidding ;-)

I spent alot of time in there last June watching the World Cup. Great atmosphere and some great bar staff.

I'll pass on your wishes.

Frank
June 20, 2007 03:59PM
Hi Frank

I'm going to Hanioti with my 14 year old son in July so won't be able to make it for a drink but can you tell me, having already been there with your kids, is there enough to keep teenagers happy?

Have a good holiday.

Carole
June 20, 2007 04:12PM
Hello FRANK,
Thank you, we would really appreciate your trouble, have been friends with Thanasis for 17 years, met him when he owned the Kiss Bar,below the Tambos hotel,he has been the most fantastic genuine friend one could ever wish to meet and we look on him and menia and the children as extended family,they stayed with us for a short time in january and it was a special time for us.
the central does an excellent breakfast, and you are right they always have good bar staff and good atmosphere.
we hope you really enjoy your hollidayt,he village is still expanding and some new buissness are setting up.hope the season is much better for all the village people who have worked so hard to restore the village after the tragic effects from the fire last year. had we been in hanioti we would have bought you a drink.
Enjoy your break,kind regards and very best wishes. sherrilyn, steve.
June 20, 2007 09:14PM
Good evening Carole and thanks for the message.

My son Jack had a great time last year and to be honest we never left the village. That said, we did go during the world cup and he is football mad so every evening we watched 2 or 3 matches sitting in the pubs/bars around the square.
This year we plan to get out a little further.

The beach is nice, though in certain areas is shingle, but don't let that worry you too much as you only have to walk along a little bit to find good sand.

The sea is safe, but please mind the spiny urchins. You'll see everyone wearing 'jelly' shoes to protect themselves from standing on one (I did and it hurts for a couple of days). This year, as soon as we arrive, we'll go to one of the many shops and get beach shoes for all.

If your son likes the sea he'll be fine. Snorkelling is brilliant there, so buy a mask & snorkel early on. Here's a tip for you. Go snorkelling with some bread in your pocket and then simply through a bit ahead of you in the water. If you are snorkelling you'll see hundreds/thousands of fish swimming up to take a piece of the bread.

There is a kart track in the town just along the main road where they can pretend to be Lewis Hamilton.
In addition, there is a crazy golf place just on one of the roads off the square and also a number of amusements places (video games, penny falls, that sort of thing).

In all honesty Hanioti is not a massively lively place, ie no clubs, waterparks, etc and most of the town is centred in and around the small square and all the shop-lined streets off it.

There are jet ski's, pedalos, banana boat, and some rubber donutes that you sit in and get pulled by a speedboat. They managed to capsize me, but my son held on laughing all the way.

Jack loved it so much that we came back again - this time we are going with his cousin.

I would suggest getting out of the town to some other 'nearby' towns where there may be more attractions, but if they simply like beach, sea, pool they'll have a great time. Do watch out for the urchins, but a pair of cheap sea shoes will work wonders.

I hope that helps. I hope you have a great time

Frank
June 21, 2007 08:30AM
Frank

Thanks for the info, I'll definately put beach shoes on my shopping list. Sounds just about the right place for us. We always go to Greece but this is our first time to Halkidiki. Can't wait now.

Cheers, Carole
June 30, 2007 06:05PM
HELLO FRANK,
THANK YOUfor taking the time and trouble to go to the CENTRAL CAFE,to pass on our best wishes to menia and thanasis,we really appreciate your thoughtfullness-menia phoned me tonight and it had made there day.
Hope you enjoyed your stay in hanioti,and once again THANK YOU.
KIND REGARDS AND WARMEST WISHES
STEVE, SHERRILYN
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login