EURO PRICE ?

EURO PRICE ?

Posted by stampy 
EURO PRICE ?
June 23, 2007 10:42AM
Hello all,
We fly out to Polichrono on the 5th July staying at the Ammos Studios and Apartments and was wondering is it better to buy Euro's in England ( I got some priced at 1.43 ) or when we get there ?
Does anybody know the exchange rate that you get in Polichrono at the minuite ?

THANKS BILLY.
Re: EURO PRICE ?
June 23, 2007 11:16AM
2 weeks ago in Hanioti someone who happened to mention they were getting 1.40E to the £ in the square and 1.39E in their hotel so you maybe better of getting them at home.
June 23, 2007 11:47AM
re euros....there is very little difference...if you purchase say £ 50 worth...if the rate is 1.43 against 1.40 you would gain 1.50 euros...£ 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...not really a big deal...
June 24, 2007 10:34AM
Buying Euros I have just returned and my advice on buying Euro's is use www.travelex.co.uk
you buy online and pick up at airport rate today 1.4331 I normally buy midweek as weekend rate is set it case of changes but can go either way. You can pay a one off fee of £3 for their Buyback service and they buyback at same rate they sold it too you at. Hope it Helps
June 24, 2007 12:03PM
costadelboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Buying Euros I have just returned and my advice on
> buying Euro's is use www.travelex.co.uk
> you buy online and pick up at airport rate today
> 1.4331 I normally buy midweek as weekend rate is
> set it case of changes but can go either way. You
> can pay a one off fee of £3 for their Buyback
> service and they buyback at same rate they sold it
> too you at. Hope it Helps

I agree it's best to buy with Travelex, however you also need to use their price promise facility. Here's the link www.travelex.co.uk/personal/priceguarantee.asp

Once you've purchased through Travelex - go to this site www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/exchange1.php
and note the exchange rate, which will be higher.

Then send an email to Travelex stating you saw the higher exchange rate on thomasglobalexchange.co.uk and quoting what that is and request the difference.
Travelex will then send you a cheque for the difference, so remember to quote your name and address, plus transaction number for the currency you purchased off them.

The only reason for not purchasing through thomasglobalexchange in the first instance is that you have to pick up your currency from their office in London -which is not convinant for most.

Hope the above makes sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/06/2007 12:04PM by saintscouple.
June 24, 2007 02:21PM
Thank's for all the information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login