Meals on XL Flights?

Meals on XL Flights?

Posted by LizzyB 
Meals on XL Flights?
June 12, 2007 03:57PM
Have seen some threads on other holiday forums that say Kosmar / XL are not providing meals on flights?

I don't remember an option to not have a meal when we recently booked online to go to Halkidiki (19 July 2007- Booked through Kosmar, flying XL) - Does anyone know if this is the case? - Just so we can be prepared, and take some food with us if necessary, as my hubby is diabetic, and needs to eat a regulat intervals!

Looking forward to our first time in Hanioti - 37 days and counting!
Re: Meals on XL Flights?
June 12, 2007 09:21PM
Hi lizzie all i can say is if hubbys diabetic take your own whether you get fed or not

have a great holiday
we just got back from Fourka

my 7th year out there.

Jeff
June 16, 2007 10:06AM
Hello Lizzy
I have just traveled with XL (Fourka 31.05-14.06) so hope this info helps you and others. I flew with XL (Manchester airport). Meals are not provided, but hot and cold snacks are. Prices start at around £1 for a packet of nibbles to £3.50p for a sandwich roll (vegetarian also provided for). There are also hot and cold drinks. Cup o Soups are £2, teas/coffees/hot chocolate I think a little cheaper. The only things not sold onb the flights are tobacco and large bottles of alcohol (E.C country) you can purchase the minatures(?) with cans of mixers(70p) this applied both routes.
Now if you are travelling from Manchester the check in is at T2, Not 1 as your ticket may say. You go down into what I call the basement.I arrived an hour before(lift availabilty) the two hour check in, and so was still able to off load my luggage and get to the cafe quick. They allocated seat numbers already(row3) but I changed them to where I prefer to sit (back of the plane), I found these numbers were already allocated on my return journey. Thessaloniki airport (as always) I found to be a little less organized. The gate number was displayed an hour before the counter check in number (in fact I think its still waiting to be displayed). I should have known to go to counter 2 or 3 (did last year when travelled with them) so this maybe something to watch for. Then there was 1 long (orderly) queue snaking round the room, which was fine as they were only using one scanner for your suitcase before going to the desk(watch out for those bottles packed in the suitcase). Then the holiday rep (in her wisdom) decided to split the queue into two, so result two queues one scanner, and more people joining.
Hope this helps
Enjoy your hols, we left the temperatures in the mid 30's.
Ps: Mozzys are a nuisance this year, I found a Geranium spray (also moisture lotion), recommended to me by a local, the better one to use than the citrus. Now I know why our apartments have Geraniums growing under windows and in tubs.
June 16, 2007 10:32AM
heya lizzie u can by meals on the plane wich will cost you £5.00 hot or cold
June 16, 2007 10:45AM
Hi Jeff
Never managed to get to have a drink at the Yammas this time round (took a couple of elderly relatives not liking to drink out at night(give me strength), only on the balcony - never again). Did you ever go to it when it was 'The Net' Bar...hmmmm those chicken breasts they did were beaten into submission.
Roll on next year, I'll pop in for a drink..or two.
June 18, 2007 03:42PM
Many thanks to Caron and all your answers. At least we will be prepared to buy food if necessary! (May take something with us anyway.)

Really looking forward to this break, the weather in the UK has been Sooooooo not summer!!

We fly from Gatwick on a 10.55am flight (touch wood - unless it changes before the tickets arrive......??) Are looking forward to our first stay in Hanioti. - 31 days and counting !
June 19, 2007 07:41PM
Lizzy
Its no problem, glad to help.
You said your hubby is diabetic...please please please watch out for those irritating little blighters The Mozzys.
Im not a diabetic myself, but I know how badly I can react to a couple of bites on my feet (arms or anywhere else no probs). I usually sit with my feet in a bucket of cold water (aaaah bliss). Arm yourself well, because this year I never heard the little buggers coming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login