yasou jane

yasou jane

Posted by jeff 
yasou jane
June 08, 2007 05:55PM
hi jane hope all is ok your way its good here
had a great holiday
went passed your house lol

did the peninsula both ways and across the mountains too was very upset at the damage around my wifes resting place

so unbelievable that the fire jumped across the roads
would you believe that the seats near my wifes grave were untouched yet all around was burned out.

yamas
Jeff
Re: yasou jane
June 08, 2007 06:02PM
Hi Jeff

I saw you were back. Glad you enjoyed it and went somewhere else apart from Fourka ! It is very sad about the fire, but glad your wifes graves was untouched. I think you said in another post that the turtles were still there too?

We are all OK. Off to USA in two weeks for a month, already booked before we found our place in Halk. Never mind, will try to economise a bit as we are only back a week before we set off by car for Halk, complete with dog. I keep piling things up for the car, perhaps it should be called the Tardis as I am sure it will all fit in, lol.

Shame about the dogs, but Julie rescued quite a few from Fourka that had been poisoned. We are taking our dog, so will have to be very careful, but she never goes out on her own anyway, not even here in UK, so I am sure she will be fine. Anyway, anybody hurts my dog and they get hurt !

That aside, I am sure she will be fine. We did a good rekki in March and there are a lot of pet dogs around us, quite old ones too, so cross your fingers and wish us luck. She will love the sea and I will have a swimming mate !! Hubby is buying a Silverwing to use while over there for the three years as it is easier to park when it gets busy and also uses less fuel than our 4x4. Fuel is still much cheaper over there still, especially diesel which our car is, so all should be OK.

Can't wait to go, bit scared about my dog but hoping Greece will not let me down when I put my trust in her to look after us all on our three year jaunt.

Hopefully might see you, 2009 I think you said. We will be there April til Nov 2008 and 2009, so yammas Jeff, see you then.

Bye for now.

Jane
June 08, 2007 06:05PM
Jeff, forgot to ask you. Two questions.

One is, is the main road still under repair making the journey so much longer into Thess?

Second, has the sewer works progressed any, i.e. have they repaired a few roads instead of leaving them like piles of rubble ! ?

Cheers. Jane
June 08, 2007 06:50PM
whew that was quick lol

dont know how you do it
greece
USA
greece

silverwing ummmmmmmmm secret bikers huh lol

Jane we drove round peninsulafrom Fourka to Hanioti the long way round and i only used 10 euro of fuel the first time................. second time we went oneway then back the other then over mountains to polichrono then back to fourka then back over to hanioti the long way again and used 20 euro this time lol
im sure all will be ok for you ALL on your trip over to greece.
we get married AUG 08 but unfortunatly cant get to greece till May 09 for our wedding blessing done by illias the Mayor of Fourka .

we intend hiring a BIG bike on our return to Fourka to tour about.
hope your gonna be on the tinternet in greece else i will miss chatting
aslo would be great to meet you all in 09.

the road in and out of thess is still under repair Nea Potadia looks nice with its new yellow lines in the road.
we went by the back roads to sani to get other passengers and on way to Fourka also

the road from aquarius hotel to fourka square is finished but the road through fourka village to Kassandrino isnt finished yet theres no tarmac where they did pipes yet

and the snakes get bigger every time we see them lol

yamas
Jeff

have a great trip to USA
June 09, 2007 09:26AM
Hi Jeff, yes secret bikers. Last time we lived there three years we shipped over a Yamaha VMax, drew a lot of attention ! But, we couldnt get insurance in Greece unless we changed to Greek numberplates. That was going to cost £1K, so we didnt bother. So this time, we are buying a Greek bike so we can get insurance etc. At the end of our three years we can sell it over there. Last time we had to ship our UK bike back.

Anyway, hubby now thinks a Silverwing is a good idea. Not such envious looks, but nice and easy to ride, and we can park easily in high season. We use it to go to bakery etc at Skioni as we are about 4 km away from there. And down to Pefko beach when cars are not allowed, hehe.

Thanks for the reply. Will defo be on internet, perhaps not quite as soon as we get there this year, but we will go to internet cafe til we get it at our house.

Cheers for now
Jane

June 11, 2007 08:19PM
hi Jane

welllllllllllllll shant be takin my 3 bikes to greece when i retire out there then lol

you know id been telling kay all about greece for months.

she really enjoyed the holiday and meeting all my friends over there .

she sat there yesterday and gave a biggggggggg sigh i said"whats up love"

she said " wish we were still in greece"

see its just bitten another person lol.

we are now definatley going back 09 because she says so lol.

and it wasnt the dogs that scared her it was the big brown snakes lol

when we were out doing the penninsula all kay kept saying was "wow you couldnt paint that scenery could you" .

chat soon
Jeff
June 11, 2007 09:11PM
Jeff...I think I saw you. In Hanioti. No top on...you had a pushchair with you...I was having something to eat in a small place you were heading towards the beach (if it was you). By the time I walked down the road you'd vanished...can't remember what day it was, they're all the same to me here!!!

Was it you?

Nic!
June 12, 2007 10:11PM
yasou nicccccccccccc

lol yes it was me we had just arrived in hanioti from Nea Potadia where id lost my t-shirt and was on my way to by another one which funnily enough im wearing just now .

so sorry we missed you or we would have had a beer or frappe` together.
never mind will look for you next year hopefully ill be on a motorbike not car i actually parked across from the bakery place.

it was wednesday of our 1st week

yamas

jeff

Nic
June 12, 2007 10:19PM
Ahhh...it was you. The only day I wasn't in my own car! I was in my girlfreinds, you would have walked passed it. Never mind...next time eh?

Just seen your other post. Harry's fine and the Bulldog (Alexander) is lovely...he (the dog) was walking round all night in a little t-shirt with SECURITY on it!!!! His bar in Thessaloniki is still quite busy so he's not quite fully up and running down in Polychrono, but we had a good night! Off down there again soon so I'll mention you to him!
Anyway, glad you had a good time. We've just come back from Thessaloniki, been to see Motorhead tonight...brilliant!

Hope to catch you next time!

Nic!
June 18, 2007 09:00PM
hi Jane

ummmmmmmmmmmm better make our next visit august 2008.

not 2009

let you know more later

yamas Jeff
June 19, 2007 04:38PM
Yia sou Jeff, 2008 eh. Waiting to hear more. Why not 2008 AND 2009 !!
June 20, 2007 09:23AM
kalimera Jane

if that money tree i planted this year bares fruit then 2008-2009 wouldnt be a problem lol

2008 kay and i are getting married and have now decided to have a registry office wedding in UK
then a week later (because i have people to run home after wedding to various parts of the country) we are coming to Fourka for a Beach Blessing by the Mayor of Fourka or Nikos who is ordained in Greek Orthodox Church and our honeymoon at same time

Kay and I would like to invite you and Hubby to the blessing/reception

have not quite sorted dates yet but will be around 8th Aug 2008

reception will be at Yiamas Bar in Fourka

yamas

Jeff
June 20, 2007 02:47PM
Thank you Jeff, that would be great. Keep in touch and remind us nearer the time. I am sure we will be around at that time, just depends on whether we have family visiting.

Bet you are quite excited!

Keep in touch, we will be going out there 3 August - well we arrive 8 August and there til December this year. We will go to internet cafe until we get sorted at home, so we will be on the board.

Cheers, look forward to this.
June 20, 2007 06:53PM
hiy can any post me bak if they are goin at the begginin of july thanks yasou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login