Greek Charm

Greek Charm

Posted by Rob 
Marin
Re: Albanian Charm
November 26, 2005 06:45PM
Hey randomly got into this board, being an Albanian, I do admit that Albanian man are possessive, not all though. Like someone posted above the new generation are more laid back and chilled. I wish that nothing happened between G and J for good time's sake. But we all know that Dj's tend to get 'favours' other than cold cash.
ANON
November 28, 2005 12:13PM
Well, I have to say possive can be quite nice. My husband is not possive to the extent that I do what he says. I have all the freedom I want and he knows how i feel towards comments like "a womans place is in the kitchen" he has learnt to accept the Enlish culture as much as I have had to accept the Albanian culture.
He is just a little jealous but I find that a nice thing that he cares so much and besides I never actually give him reason to be jealous so everything is cool.
He is genuinly the sweetest, most caring, honest and loving person I have ever met. There are not amny British lads that would tell you I love you everyday and mean it.
blair
November 28, 2005 06:55PM
Hope that youve got it right then girl, and he do really care about you as much as you think dear ANON ,as iam not so lucky dont have a clue where mine bogs off too, like most has a bit on the side every summer and a bit more while i get stuck with 3 kids,in the kitchen , couldnt meet a more sweetest caring loving man shame i pased my sell by date and he needs younger product,s lets hope the new generation has got it right and arent so possive ! the upside is i get told he loves me everyday & a cup of tea...
Tess
November 30, 2005 10:25AM
OOh havent been on here before but there is certainly some gossip hey!!

Just to clear up the Albanian debate...... I have worked in Halkidiki now for five years and all I;ll say is there is good and bad in everyone in every different country!! It doesnt matter what language they speak...what colour the lads skin is...there are charmers there are sleezeballs, there are the most romantic that treat you like a queen!!!

See what im trying to say everyone.....the reason half the time why the greeks and albanians woek in the summer resorts is because they have a guaranteed sh?*!! Girls are different on holiday you can let your hair down and be whoever you want to be...act how you want to act!!! This is the impression they get of us girls and dont realise that we act totally different back home....and have a bit more self respect for yourselves!!

But basically the point I am trying to get across is that I have been out with a few lads from different nationalities....and there not all bad!!! Some of the lads slating the Albanians and the Greeks!! They certainly often have alot to the teach the British especially when it comes to a bit of love making if you know what I mean!!!! Or perhaps I havent met the right British boy?!!!! Let me know what you think board??!!! xxxxxx
ANON
November 30, 2005 10:36AM
Well Blair, I think I have done the right thing as I know he loves me and I know I love him.

I'm sorry for what happened to you and I know if my husband left me I'd be devasted but it would be his loss.
He lives with me here in England so not off with other girls in the summer as not in that environment and I believe he wouldn't do that. You never know what could happen in the future but at the moment we love each other and are very happy together.
Any man in the world could do that to their wife, like many do, not just the Albanian ones.
Nicola
November 30, 2005 11:00AM
i just love it how people change their mind on this thing. look back to previous posts and you find people are constantly saying opposite things!!! ha ha
sarah
November 30, 2005 11:36AM
I was wondering, girls go to Greece but find Albanian, not Greek men. Why is that?
Another idea, why not go to Albania for holidays?
ANON
November 30, 2005 11:48AM
Sarah, you go to Greece for a holiday and you meet who you meet.

I worked there for 2 years, went out with English, Greek and Albanian. I didn't go to Greece to find an Albanian, I went to Greece to work and I was fortunate enough to meet my husband.
I was very happy with my Greek fella but ti didn't work out. Albania isn't exactly a tourist destination, although it is a beautiful country.
The whole topic was defending the Albanians as somebody decided to slate them.

Nicola, who is contradicting themselves? I'd just like to say there are a few ANONs on here and it does seem we have different views but i have said the same thing all along.
The people in that situation will do what they do, my husband did, I don't deny that but so did I.
The men and the holiday makers are all up for fun.
Rob
Greek Charm
November 30, 2005 11:58AM
The funny thing is -- THis isn't about Albaninas...

It started about Greek Men who persistently try it on with girls who are with their blokes. As soon as the bloke back is turned they try it on with the girls.
ANON
Re: Greek Charm
November 30, 2005 12:10PM
I know Rob but then someone bought up the fact that the Albanians were dodgy so I was just joining in the conversation sticking up for them.

Oh well, everyone has there own opinions, I just believe everyone deserves a chance so don't judge everyone by one persons stupidity. Everyone is an individual and despite where you come from you are equal.
I am the first to put my hand up and admit there are a lot of dodgy people around but the News in England isn't full of the most delightful characters is it. It's worldwide.
Rob
November 30, 2005 12:25PM
Fair enough. But going on holiday, is about relaxing & having a good time. Not having to beat off letchy greeks with a stick. Surely , well from my point of view if a girl/lady has a man she' s off limits.
ANON
November 30, 2005 12:36PM
I do see it from your point of view Rob. There are some letchy ones and it is completely out of order that they came on to your girl. I don't blame you for feeling like that one bit. But I have to say, most of them, if they see you with someone, then they do respect that.
However I have been in the position when I was seeing a Greek guy and we were in a bar, some of the locals would try it on but it only happened the once.
I do think what happened to you was horrible and I just hope it doesn't put you off Greece cause it is that common.
Rob
November 30, 2005 03:52PM
To be honest it has, I don't think I will ever go to hanioti again.
ANON
November 30, 2005 04:01PM
Try one of the smaller villages like Polichrono or Pefkohori. They really are lovely people, with the exception of a few slime balls. There is a lot more to Greece than Halkidiki, Kos is lovely. Greece is just so much nicer than say Spain, the men are worse there from my experince anyway.
Rob
December 01, 2005 08:38AM
Yeah I think your right, spain is too english if you know what I mean.
I would like to go to Kos.
Clairey
December 01, 2005 09:02AM
Went to Kos aged 20 with a girl friend and we had no trouble from anyone. People tried it on but when you said no they took it and left you alone.
Kos is beautiful and well worth a visit.
I have to say I love Greece as a whole but Kos is the only other Greek place I have visited.
nicola
December 08, 2005 11:21AM
i have been to spain and spanish islands and i have to say that i was bothered more there then i ever hae been in greece.
if you make it plain that you are not interested, people will leave you alone!
December 20, 2005 11:00AM
Hi Jane, just wondered if you could send my a private message. need some info.

cheers

nicola
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.