fourka

fourka

Posted by steve 
HOTEL ARISTIDIS
Re: fourka
September 14, 2008 09:28AM
If you want to come in fourka you can phone to 003023740******* or sent e mail .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2008 10:39AM by Nikos.
September 14, 2008 04:41PM
I think some of the people who are adding to this thread are living in cloud cuckoo land. I have lived here for 7 years and I am afraid Fourka is dying. The resort is now full of eastern Europeans who spend no money in the bars and restaurants, they come by coach and stop at Lidl in Kalithea on the way here to top up with food and booze. All the hotel bars are dead, Jimmy's is surviving but ex pats are the main customers. Except for the Greek holidays the restaurants are empty and how many will survive is yet to be seen. The changes are not for the better, without the British who spend money and know how to enjoy themselves I am afraid Fourka will never be the same, just ask the owners of bars and restaurants. Julia apartments are now all inclusive for Russians, they only leave the complex to go to the beach. WE NEED THE BRITISH TO COME BACK.
September 15, 2008 11:15AM
Hi
I'm afraid I have to agree with Buster having been to Fourka this year and seeing the resturants and tavernas almost empty.
But looking at the other posts on this forum one of the main reasons it seems why there are no British is that they have no contact details of the apartments.
Unless in thepast you have booked independently with the litsa ,Aristidis etc then since Thompsons have gone - which was a good thing for the apartment owners - then apart from the Iris apartments there is no infomation to be-able to book to comeback
Marian
September 15, 2008 02:39PM
I fear this may be a trend with the cut back in flights nexted year and the exchange rate of the Euro. We love Halkidiki and our favorite is Hanioti we should be back nexted year I really hope so. Not finished yet this year back in October for the last week of the season.
Ian J
September 20, 2008 06:44PM
im staying in fourka village and its a ghost town i think im the only British person on the beach its shocking and im here untill 29th sept OMG what is going on i think there are more people on the moon at the moment.. even if you find people they will not speak to you? they either dont understand or dont care.... Mmmm good job i have a car and my laptop and fishing gear...have some wonderful photos smiling smiley just no-one to talk to.. smiling smiley
brian livesey
September 24, 2008 11:27PM
Hi does anyone know weather hotel Australia in fourka is still open, i went there in 03 it was great but wer cant find it on anny sites now.
bob and lynne
October 02, 2008 08:05PM
hi. been reading forum, we have been going to halkidiki since 1989, always stay at pefkohori.we have met lots of british people who have been going for years. this last couple of years weve noticed theres less and less of us, more and more eastern block.they are killing pefkohori also. restaurants are empty, they take up beds on the beach which are for paying customers. some owners have the right idea which is fair to everyone, to get a free bed you have to use the bar. needless to say a lot of them leave beds free for customers who dont expect to get it for free,by using bars and restaurants.hope something can be done before its too late.A LOT OF ENGLISH WANT TO COME BACK. BLAME THE TOUR OPERATORS. !!!!!!!!
GemmaBriggs
December 14, 2008 10:51PM
I went to Fourka back in 2002 and havent been back since mostly due to thomson stopping the aristoteles not being in their brochure and to having children now, even named my daughter after a girl from there (xzenia). If anyone knows the email address for Sakis from the aristoteles that would be great, I see sakis has left a number but an email ad would be better.

If it happens they look at this Hi to Sakis and Tanya and Nicole I believe your daughter was called.

and to pantelis who runs the restaurant the brown stone

I miss the place and hopefully me and the kids will get back one day because fourka is a fantastic place, in fact the best place ive ever been
December 29, 2008 12:23AM
Bad news Gemma the brown stone is no more Nikos and his Wife Patra have taken it over it's now a very swanky snack bar great crapes by the way and open 24/7 in high season very handy fpr when you have the munchies after a session in the club.
regards
Phil
February 22, 2009 02:02PM
hot smiley i LOVE FOURKA and its people
But they all seem to have shot them selves in the foot by NOT advertising their hotels and Tavernas on the Internet
YES i know its Expense but at the end of the day as the old adage goes SPECULATE to ACCUMALATE.
Yes we in Great Britian are in a bad way it now takes me personally 2 yrs to save my holiday fund ,where i used to go to Fourka maybe 2/3 times a year a few years back.
If the hoteliers /appartment owners in Hanioti/Polichrono can advertise themselves then why not Fourka.
If Yamais and other places close then i like a lot of folks will lose some very close Greek friends.
I personally still owe Nikos(yaimas bar) bigtime for the goodness he showed me in my times of need while on holiday in Fourka.I shall miss a very dear friend if the Yaimas closes.
And im so sorry to hear that Iris is closed we had some laughs and great meals in there.
Anyway i look forward to any replies from you all

JEFF

Your never alone with a friend in Greece
February 23, 2009 08:16PM
Echo your feelings Jeff, not stayed in Fourka but been many times. Stay manily in Hanioti, the writing was on the wall for Fourka when the British tour operataors withdrew from there The East Europeans do not speend in resort. I think we are all feeling the credit crunch but we have managed this year, but with being on 4 day week and not looking good and the exchange rate. We to have close friends from Halkidiki and Thessoloniki and a lot of English people will not understand the bond that you develope between them. Thats why we have to keep going back. I started a thred about ( Halidikidki who will be there) perhaps you would like to follow this up on that one and we could all share views together that may be helpfull to us all and maybe solve some of the hardships that we have in the U K. Hope you and your family are keeping well always enjoy your posts (mad dog man). Yaimas Alan
February 24, 2009 01:22PM
Although we cannot come over for 7 months like last year, we are coming over for ten days. Thanks to our Greek friends who are putting us up in their home, and the fact that we kept the remainder of our euros from last year, we are able to come. We know the bond with friends in Greece very well, it keeps you going back time and time again.

We still hope to do the half year thing again sometime, hopefully when / if the economy picks up in the next few years. I will really miss my summer in Halkidiki this year.

Jeff, mad dog man, are you going this year? We keep planning to meet, but are never there at the same time !

Jane
February 25, 2009 07:53PM
Hi Jane
alas no cant go this year due to moving home back to Nottingham (hey arnt we nearer to you there lol)plus a few family problems which are just about sorted out now .
But we have ALL intentions of going back in 2010 for a week to visit my belated wifes grave in the hills to say goodbye as we will not be able to go to Greece for a very long time maybe never who knows.and i must move on now with my life and new home .
Kay and Boyd are both happy and well though Boyd has just got over chicken pox and a very bad chest infection.
sometimes i wish it was Greece we were moving to but dads not well and he only has me to care for him thats why the move came about.Hope you and family are hail and hearty and if you want we could meet in UK ring me when i move i will get the number to you on here .as we will have a new number .
kalinikta Jane

Jeff NO DOGS IN FOURKA NOW MAD DOG MAN
February 25, 2009 08:15PM
Best of luck Jeff, family comes first I am sure the Greek family will be thinking of you and I am sure sometime you will be back. That young Boyd will have to experiance the Halkidiki thing as he gets older. All the Best Alan
February 25, 2009 08:26PM
drinking smileythumbs upHi Alan
the missus has told me when im gone shes taking herself and Boyd (who has experiences of Halkidiki)over with half my ashes and keeping half of me at homelol.
anyway i shall go back before i pop my clogs i really miss Fourka but will stay in Polichrono or Hanioti next time we go over.
yaimas

Jeff
shell tait
March 03, 2009 04:06PM
hi
came to fourka a few years ago and actually met a number of brits looking to move there. unfortunately my mairrage was at a really bad time and I loved the place my ex hated it, have not had the money to return until now but cannot seem to find any one who offers holidays there, stayed at the hotel austrailia and the litsa before, and still tell my friends that fourka saved my life, due to problems before. Now happier and healthier would love to return especially with my children who are now older but dont know how to ................can you help...
shell
March 04, 2009 11:40AM
Do not think any UK tour operater do Fourka now, If youwant to go may need to do it independantly. This may mean flying out of gatwick and booking hotel direct. Have done this option myself (for Hanioti) and is quite painless.
JOYCE RAWLINGS
Re: Aristotelis Studios...
April 15, 2009 12:50PM
Hi
could you get me yannis at the liza appments next to the australian bar
trying to book a holiday in forka but but there is no trvel agents in the uk thats doing forka
thank you
joyce rawling
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login