fourka

fourka

Posted by steve 
Kel
Re: fourka
July 19, 2006 01:38PM
Hi

Myself, my hubby and 12 year old son have just booked to go to Evridiki Apts in Fourka. I haven't seen any bad reports so far except maybe standard of rooms but to be fair we will only be sleeping and showering in it.....

Sounds like Jimmy's is the place to be (providing it is not shutting down as rumoured).

What kind of watersports are available at Fourka?
Where would we water ski and jet ski?
Where can we see dolphins?
How busy is the resort in September?
What is the main "trips/excursions" we can go on?
Is car hire expensive?

All comments gratefully received.

Thanks

Kel
MARTI
July 20, 2006 02:29PM
HI THERE WE ARE GOING OUT ON THE 7TH OF AUG TO FROM EAST MIDS ONLY GOT BACK 3 WEEKS AGO THERES NOT MUCH TO DO IN THE DAY BUT AT NIGHT ITS A LAUGH BUT YOU MAKE IT WOT YOU MAKE IT IM ONLY 21 MYSELF AND I LOVE IT AND WE ARE STAYIN TILL THE 20TH OF JUNE YIPPIE SEE YOU THERE
July 21, 2006 04:35AM
is it getting a bit livlier now we are in July/August?

Is there plents of tavernas to chill out at/nice bars with good music?
Kira
July 22, 2006 06:19PM
Hi all. Just booked to go to fourka for two weeks 21-5th of september with my boyfriend, looking forward to a nice relaxing holiday, we are staying at the litsa apartments! anyone staying then let me know? any reccomendations etc let me know! cheers! Kira x
bj
July 26, 2006 04:11PM
Hey kira.

My wife and i are heading out there on the 21st - 28th july. staying at the aristidis & kanelis (spelt completely wrong). not been before: hope it'l be a @#$%& time to!

BJ.
Thomas
July 27, 2006 08:49PM
If you wanna learn anything about fourka you can add my msn address to your list and i can help you.
tdemis@hotmail.com
i am greek and i am going to fourka for holidays every friday to sunday for all summer.
every year many people maybe have seen me drinking and swimming with friends over there...tongue sticking out smiley...
my good friend Yannis is the owner of litsa apartments and we would appreciated if you will come to have a drink at chill-out bar in front of the beach.
see you soon!
JESS
August 09, 2006 01:03PM
Was just about to book hols to fourka for a week from 2nd oct for myself and my partner, have been reading loads of reviews and am not so sure now, can anyone give me an honest opinion of what its like, havent been abroad for 6 years now and really need a good holiday, want somewhere to relax on decent beaches with some night life ( bars/tavernas etc) also would like to do some sight seeing, not one for staying on the beach all the time, is it very expensive to hire a car?? are there many trips/excursions, are there any water sports? is it likely to still be warm at that time of year?? really desperate to get answers to these questions as i need to book soon
sara
August 09, 2006 02:18PM
Hiya jess ive been goin 2 fourka for 10yrs now its really nice its a dead chilled out place it has a lovely beach and there are quite a few bars & the restaurants are really nice, its not a mad clubbin holiday but there are places to go at night and u can always get a taxi to kalithea if u wanted to go 2 a club, if u book try and stay at the litsa appartments there really nice and yannis is great who owns them!
I jus went in July with my boyfriend and me and my best mate are going back in september but stayin at the australia hotel this time round, im not sure what the weather is like in oct but we went last sep and it was still in the 30's so should still be nice and warm!!
let me know if u get it booked
Sara xx
Tanya
August 27, 2006 11:31AM
Natalie
i think i know who u r, r u waynes daughter? i wud say ur far frm loud luv, wen i seen u in jimmys bar last year u was jus slumped at da bar an looked bored outta ur head mate, got nothin against ya luv but i cant understand y u is tellin everyone dat u dance on da tables an dat ur dead loud wen u r da complete opposite 2 dat u was well shy wen i spoke 2 ya!!
Anywayz hope 2 c ur mad self wen im der in sep!!

Tanya
bj
August 31, 2006 12:40PM
Just got back from Fourka on the 28th Aug.

We were there at the period of the Fires and the storm, so I think we were a bit unlucky as far as experiencing the 'real fourka'. We couldn't take any of the Thomson excursions as the rep was snowed under trying to evacuate hundreds of tourists from the other side of the peninsular. Also, most of the boat trips left from the other side as well where there had been the worst of the fires. As far as excursions went - we were let down a bit.

These fires also clearly affected the people of Fourka emotionally. For most of the rest of the week, the shop owners and some of the taverna staff were understandably glum. The fires meant that a lot of tourists wouldn't be visiting and thus they were facing financial difficulties. All entirely understandable and not in any way typical of the 'real fourka'.

As far as things to do in Fourka go: there isn't really that much to do beyond visiting the beautiful beach, hanging out in the many lovely tavernas/bars or sitting by the hotels pools. If this is what you're looking for in a holiday - then fourka is most definitely for you. There is a car hire place in fourka - it's right opposite Yiammas bar (across the road from the Australia and 2 mins walk from Aristidis & Kanielis). This place also arranges excursions as do some of the other shops along the street. From what I could figure out, Fourka is predominately a residential area that is primarily visited by Greeks on the weekends. I would say that 85% of the people there on the weekend were Greeks with the rest being made up of Brits and Germans (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The place is rather expensive to be fair. The tavernas in town offered meals for around 20 euros per couple. Beers were on average 3 euros each. The best places we found to eat were Yiammas bar (pizza the size of a man-hole cover for 4 euros and bloody lovely) and Australia where you could enjoy a meal right on the beach with an uninterrupted view of the sunset over mt olympus for 15 euros per couple. (try their spaghetti bolognese or meatballs!!)

There is a very efficient bus service that connects Fourka with kassandra and kalithea. In kalithea there is a bus terminal that connects you to other areas of the peninsular. Kalithea is a very busy town with hundreds of shops an bars. it also has a huge beach apporximately 100ft below the level of the town. Great views across to Sithonia! Busses run from the stop above the Arstidis & Kaneilis hotel or from the stop by the roundabout in the main town (next to the truck that sells the biggest water melons you have ever seen!!). These air conditioned busses will take you to Kalethea for 1.30 euros (single only), and take around 20 mins.

All in all, we found fourka to be a bit of a let down purely because of the disruption caused by the fires. We were only there for a week and felt that we didn't get to see the real fourka in times other than natural disasters. For this reason, I would love to go back to give it a fair go. If you're the type of person who loves just relaxing for the most part of the holiday, then you'll love foruka. Unfortunately, we found that there wasn't really that much to keep us occupied for the whole week, but again: this was largely down to the disruption caused by the fires. I'm sure New York wasn't much fun either right after 9/11!

Any questions, please feel free to email me : bjjones_22@hotmail.com

Cheers.

BJ
Gary B
August 31, 2006 03:41PM
Hello everyone.

My wife and I have been looking for somewhere to spend our 10th wedding anniversary in September and want to fly from Bristol on 18th. The only flight at any decent hour of the day to anywhere we're interested in is to Halkidiki, and we like the look of Fourka.

It's interesting reading all your posts guys, and comments about the area, particularly the Litsa appts. Are they better than Julia Appts for a really quiet break? I must admit I like lazing by the pool more than the beach, but am happy with either.

And what's the average transfer time from the airport please? Thomson say 1hr to 2.5hrs!
And what's this about Thomson not being welcome in Fourka? Will it affect us at all?

Hope to maybe hear from some of you soon.

Thanks.
Gary
bj
August 31, 2006 06:36PM
hi gary.

The transfer time for us last week was around 1.5hrs.
Not stayed at either of those hotels, but the whole area is really quiet. The aristidis & kaneilis hotel is a nice place to stay. really relaxed with nice owners and a nice pool.

Cheers.
BJ
August 31, 2006 06:36PM
It can take up to two hours all depending how many stops, but Fourka is one of the earlier stops.
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 31, 2006 09:25PM
yasou

Fourka is a resort where YOU make the holiday

iv stayed @mainly Hotel Australia in the 4 years i went.
Havnt been to Fourka for 3 yrs now due to Family Commitments

have many FRIENDS and also know many People who work and live in Fourka.

best way to see things is to hire a car but if you cant drive then its buses or taxi to where ever you wish to go

next May we are staying in the Aristidis an Karnalis appartments

i have also stayed in Polychrono which is just about the same as Fourka in that there isnt much to do unless you go to Hanioti.

As i say Fourka is what you want it to be just go and soak up all the atmosphere you can

Kalimera

Jeff
Sara
September 01, 2006 07:56AM
Yassou Jeff,
Only 5 more get ups till i go back to my second home Fourka i cant wait to be on the beach & drinking cocktails from the beach bar, its makin me wanna go even more coz the weather has been like winter weather over here!
i'm gonna celebrate my birthday while im there aswell as ill be 25 a few days after i get back of hol... im gettin old now its scary apparantly i only look 19 tho so its all good ha ha xx
Gary B
September 01, 2006 08:14AM
Hi all,
thanks for the info.

Jeff, have read some of you other posts. I understand how important that place is to you and I hope and pray your special place in the hills is unaffected by the fire.

Hi Sara. How long are you staying? We're planning to go 18th Sept.
It would be good to have someone with local knowledge there to point us in the right direction.

Gary
Sara
September 01, 2006 09:12AM
Hi Gary
i'm only going for a week i get back on the 14th sep, sorry!!
if u go to jimmys bar which is at the hotel Australia they speak very good english so they will be able to point you in the right direction, its a really nice bar aswell they do greek nights on a thursday which is really good, they normally get u up doing the greek dancing!
For english breakfasts try the yiammas bar which is facing hotel australia, and if you walk down to the square at night which is around a 10 minute walk from yiammas bar there are lots of really nice restaurants to eat at!
hope this helps and hope u enjoy ur hol
Sara x
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
September 02, 2006 07:39AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Sara
Happy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU smiling smiley

say a big HELLOOOOOOOOO to the boys /gal @ Jimmys

and also if you can catch him NIKOS @ Yaimas
please tell him we send our love and will see him MAY next year
holidays already booked so will definitley be in Fourka.

Have a great birthday and great holiday
As they say Wish i was there lol

Jeff
stevvieboy
April 01, 2008 09:43AM
does anybody know any tour operators who stop at the christina apts now pse? if not does anybody ave a contact e-mail adress? we stopped there a couple of years ago and wud like 2 go bak. tks
newbash
June 13, 2008 04:01PM
Hiya All

Been to Fourka 6 times in all. Stayed at the Litsa for 5 of them. Has any body heard if Yanis has an e-mail address. Nothing on my last christmas card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login