Hanioti

Hanioti

Posted by Freddy 
Freddy
Hanioti
March 12, 2003 04:12PM
Visting there in the summer can you let me know of any good places to visit with my two kidsThanks
Jo
Re: Hanioti
March 15, 2003 09:32PM
Hi Freddy,
you don't say how old your kids are so I'm assuming they're quite young.
Although there isn't very much specifically for kids in Hanioti (apart from the many arcades and many 'ride on' machines etc) it is a very good place for kids and I'm sure they won't be bored. We were there last year with 6 yr old.
Hanioti centre itself is a fairly safe place for kids and is where most of the attractions, bars and restaurants. The Square itself is supposed to be pedestrians only, but the odd car or moped cuts through. At night the Square is a hive of activity that is sure to keep the kids occupied. Kids are welcome everywhere, the locals seem to love them and there are kids meals in most of the restaurants. During the day the beach is a good plce to be and the sea shallow and perfect for paddling. If you get a chance walk along to Naias apartments (from the Square walk to the left along the beach for a couple of mins) they have a pool thats practically on the beach, a large decking area which is perfect for relaxing parents whilst keeping a close eye on the kids.
If you want to explore beyond Hanioti there's the local buses which can be a chore with kids, as they get crowded and hot, they're also extremely irregular and you may be waiting ages. Taxi's are good and car hire reasonable. Most places don't take long to get to by car.
If there's anything specific you need to know I'll try and help

Regards Jo
Jo
Re: Hanioti
March 15, 2003 09:32PM
Hi Freddy,
you don't say how old your kids are so I'm assuming they're quite young.
Although there isn't very much specifically for kids in Hanioti (apart from the many arcades and many 'ride on' machines etc) it is a very good place for kids and I'm sure they won't be bored. We were there last year with 6 yr old.
Hanioti centre itself is a fairly safe place for kids and is where most of the attractions, bars and restaurants. The Square itself is supposed to be pedestrians only, but the odd car or moped cuts through. At night the Square is a hive of activity that is sure to keep the kids occupied. Kids are welcome everywhere, the locals seem to love them and there are kids meals in most of the restaurants. During the day the beach is a good plce to be and the sea shallow and perfect for paddling. If you get a chance walk along to Naias apartments (from the Square walk to the left along the beach for a couple of mins) they have a pool thats practically on the beach, a large decking area which is perfect for relaxing parents whilst keeping a close eye on the kids.
If you want to explore beyond Hanioti there's the local buses which can be a chore with kids, as they get crowded and hot, they're also extremely irregular and you may be waiting ages. Taxi's are good and car hire reasonable. Most places don't take long to get to by car.
If there's anything specific you need to know I'll try and help

Regards Jo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login