Polichrono

Polichrono

Posted by Clairey 
Clairey
Polichrono
May 20, 2005 12:18PM
Hi to all out there,

I have just been reading the message board and it's so good to see so many people with the same feelings to Polichrono as me. I worked there for 2 summers and fell in love with the place, so know the place pretty well. Going back as the holiday maker this year an I cannot wait. Happy to answer any questions you might have about Halkidiki.
Gary
Re: Polichrono
May 20, 2005 05:48PM
where did you work claire ?!
Clairey
May 27, 2005 11:19AM
Hey Gary,

Sorry for delay in responding. I worked as a rep at the Anthi and Rodi apartments and a few others around Halkidiki but lived in Polichrono for 2 summers.
Love the place.
Gary
May 27, 2005 01:22PM
Hi Claire,i used to work at the sea-side restaurant.Its now called 'Bar viva'.
I worked in polichrono 96-97.i go back every year like the flu !.ive got many friends there.
CLAIRE
May 27, 2005 01:55PM
Hi,

I know it well, I used to get my meals in there when it was still seaside then the next year it was Viva, you must know Sasha then? Paniottis was there the first year with Sasha.
I know many people there. I have to say my fave place was the Brits Bar as I worked and lived there, in the apts that is not the bar although that could be argued against.
Also love the family at the cockney cafe, Maralyn, Big John, Little John.
Where do you stay when you go?
Gary
May 27, 2005 05:11PM
Hi Claire,i stay with Petros.He has a bar on the sea front called 'Bar Laska'.Its a sports bar with very good music.
He used to do the watersports and work in the 3 lions bar on a night.
I worked with Sasha & Paniotis in the restaurant.I also used to work at the 'sun hotel'.
Ive known john & marilyn for about 16 years.
I wish the cockney cafe was there when i worked there!!.I used to miss my English food !.6 months was a long time !!
kostas
June 01, 2005 04:59PM
gary you r malakas!
hope to c u soon .
all the paok funs
Gary
June 01, 2005 05:11PM
Hi Kostas,you are bigger MALAKAS !!.
I'll see you this summer.
CLAIRE
June 03, 2005 09:53AM
Hey Gary,

Sorry again fro not responding sooner, been off work and no e-mail at home.
I used to rep at the Sun Hotel too. Lived there for about a month before being moved into the Rodi.
Miss the whole place so much.
Do you go back by yourself? I remeber meeting a guy that went every year and knew everyone well and I swear his name was Gary.
Do you know the little shop between Viva and Alexis, owned by Stavros? Do you remember an Albanain guy who worked there, you may have known him as Marios or Bingu? Short, very tanned, dark hair, quite well built, did the sun beds in the day and worked in the shop in the evening. Had a dog called Rockney who he fed a sausage to every night? Just wondered cause he is now my husband and living with me here.

Who's calling you Malakas?
Sam
June 03, 2005 10:16AM
Hi Claire

Was you in Halkidiki in either 2003 or 2004, were you working for Thomsons as a rep, as I'm sure I remember talking to you about your then future 'hubby'. It was the end of the season and you were going home to england and planning to visit Albania to meet his family.
Claire
June 03, 2005 11:00AM
Well that was probably me then. I was there, not last summer but year before that. 2003 and 2002. I was a Thomson Rep yeah, I went out to see him a couple of weeks later.
Wasn't sure if you'd know him or not. I'm not sure if your the same person I thought you was now, do you remeber where it was we spoke? Intrigued now, I wanna remember.
When you next going back?
Sam
June 03, 2005 11:09AM

Dont think I will be going back this year, if you leave your email address I will write to you more privately and tell you. Yea it would of been 2003 when we spoke, it was at the airport in Thessaloniki and we were both going back to england.
Claire
June 03, 2005 01:03PM
Hi Sam,

Sorry, thought I was still replying to Gary, not very observent me. E-mail me on claire.dulaj@arval.co.uk. Were you just on Holiday there?
Sam
June 03, 2005 01:21PM
Hi Claire

Yea I was on holiday, went back a couple of times in 2003 and we spoke at the airport. I think you was on the same last flight as me back to Gatwick. You told me about your b/f and how you were hoping to visit him and his family in Albania, you were a little apprehensive but excited all the same!! I will email you.
Gary
June 03, 2005 01:30PM
I remember him,i didnt know he got married and living in England.congratulations !!.
Does Marios know Anisty ?(albanian),he used to work at rodi & do the sun beds?.
He got married and lives in England !.He's just gone back to Polichrono this week for 2 weeks.
As for the sun hotel,i worked there for the first summer,and then the sea-side restaurant for the 2nd summer.Paniotis is now married and lives in Albania.
You probably did see or hear something about me.I was the only English guy working in the village !.Apart from the Thomson rep !.

As for the guy who called me malakas !,everyone call everybody malakas !!.Its a small village !!.
Claire
June 03, 2005 02:32PM
I know Anisty, although I know him as Cimi, he lives near us in Swindon, he's the reason we moved to Swindon cause Genti (Marios) went and worked with him. Yeah they are on holiday there now. Told him to give Marina at the Brits Bar a big hug from me. See him and the family quite often, 2 gorgeous girls, twins.
True, everyone calls everyone Malakas, I should know as I love that word.
We have tickets for end of Aug and we're staying in a friends apt. Hopefully Genti will get a Visa.
When you going back?
Claire
June 03, 2005 02:36PM
Hey Sam,

Oh wow, I was terrified about going to Albania but it was great and beautiful and totally worth it as we are now married and very happy. Had to give up the repping though but hopefully in the future may move to Greece, my dream!!!
Where did you stay in Halkidiki?
Gary
June 03, 2005 02:49PM
He's meeting up with some friends of mine from Leeds in Polichrono.
I met the twins when he came up to Leeds.
I was going to go this june,but i cant get any time off work.
So it looks like 12 september for 2 weeks.
I always stay with a friend of mine WHEN I GO.
Claire
June 03, 2005 03:23PM
Oh, we'll just miss you as come back 11th Sept.

I think I know the family from Leeds as I was their rep 2 years running but can't remember there names, Papa Dennis? Might be wrong. Whole family went?
I can't waiti to go back and see everyone, didn't go last year and I really miss it.
My mate is back there repping after a summer away, she's in Haniotti, so jealous.
Gary
June 03, 2005 04:59PM
I know papa dennis !.my friends are called Mal & Sue.They have a pub in Leeds.Did you ever meet a rep called Peter from Newcastle ?.
He used to be the rep for sun hotel & the rodi apts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login