Beware the Acropolis Taverna, Kriopgi

Posted by Alan 
Alan
October 04, 2002 09:14PM
Take care, on a Tuesday they do a Kleftiko night. I had it, didn't ask the price (ok, my fault) and got ripped off for 14 euros. You get the same thing anywhere else (and better) for 6 - 8 euros. Kriopigi is a nice resort with some good tavernas, especially the Hagiati, also the tavernas in the old part of the village are good. Thanks to all those who have posted helpful info on this site.
cheryl
Re: Beware the Acropolis Taverna, Kriopgi
March 12, 2003 03:59PM
Sorry Alan, but don't agree with you there. Maybe 14 euos is more than most but at least in Acropolis they make it in the traditional manner and I belive that you definately get you money's worth. Have been visting Kriopigi since I was a child and have never had a bad meal in the restaurant in nearly 20 years.
Noel & Clare
Re: Beware the Acropolis Taverna, Kriopgi
March 16, 2003 09:14PM
NO WAY!! YOU NEVER GET RIPPED OFF BY THE MANOLAS FAMILY!! We too have been going to kriopigi for for many years, and know Saki, Maki, Margerita and the children very well, always have great fun and wonderful food, (try the massive Acropolis Plate) as the other person said, you may have paid a bit more but it would have been cooked the true traditional Greek way! If you go to Kriopigi (we go May 8th) make sure you call in and see the Manolas family.
Gillian and George Tsounias
How nice Hagiati is
March 24, 2003 05:52PM
This restaurant used to be 1 big taverna, owned by 2 brothers. It was called Kostas taverna, and was the most popular taverna for the greeks in the whole area. It has now been split into 2 and 1 is called Hagiati and the other Kostas taverna.
Both of these have spotless kitchens and guaranteed greek food cooked to the traditional way as seen by our own eyes.(as we used to live there)
In regards to the comments on the Akropolis, they also cook the food to the traditional manner. It used to be his mother, and he was famous for the best pizzas in the area.
Myself and friends and family that visited me while i was living there spent some of the best nights. Sakis really knows how to entertain people, and has always been switched on to the needs of visitors.
Lastly if you'r staying anywhere in Halkidiki Kriopigi is a place worth visiting, don't miss out the old part of the village where there are also several eating places. One of them being in a beautifully restored village house. There you can sit outside at the village square and experience locla wines and local meze dishes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login