Car hire, currency and Kostas!

Posted by Viv 
Viv
August 02, 2002 10:23PM
We are going to polichrono on 15/8 and dont know what to do about car hire. Should we book a car before we go or wait till we get there? Is it cheaper to book one out there and will there be any left seeing as its august?!
Should we take sterling or euro travellers cheques - someone must know?! An early reply would be much appreciated!
luv
Viv
p.s We are staying at the Kostas apartments so will be pleased to tell all when we get back on 28/8. watch this space!!!!!!
Confused!
Re: Car hire, currency and Kostas!
August 03, 2002 11:15AM
There are loads of places you can hire cars from there. At our welcome meeting we were given all the info, i think it was about 30 euro's for a day but look around as in the town there are places everywhere. I would be careful though as the drivers out there are mental!

I would also recommend that you take euro travellers cheques, we did and for a 100 euro cheque they give you 97 euro's back which isn't too bad.
Mike
August 03, 2002 02:25PM
I have a question about the car hire ( without starting a new thread i will follow on from here ), I am to be 25 the 4th or 5th day we are there and my 7 Speeding points now dont count as hadf them 4.5 years, with them still on my actual peice of paper ( License ) will they give me car hire ? Wil they charge me more ? and what is hte minimum age to drive over there in a hire car as my Girlfriend was wondering if she could ( but she is only 20 )

Cheers in advance once again ;0)

Mike
Viv
August 04, 2002 06:54PM
Hi Mike

The minimum driving age in Greece is 21. Sorry,but I am not sure about the points thing. You could always give someone like Holiday Autos a ring, saying that you may be interested in car hire and see what they say about your points. At least you would know where you stand before you got there.
Oops, nearly forgot, Holiday Autos phone no-0870 400 4447
Sorry I cant be of any more help.

From Viv
Mike
August 05, 2002 09:08AM
Thats gr8 :0)

Thanks for the info, will give them a ring when i get a few moments this afternoon :0)

Cheers again

Mike
Viv
August 09, 2002 07:32PM
Mike- the suspense is killing me. Have you found out about the points
problem yet? Or are you already in Halkidiki?

Cheerio, Viv
taxidave
August 14, 2002 10:16AM
dont worry about pionts as long as you go local they could not care less as long as they can take your cash.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login