Poseidon Apartments - Pefkohori

Poseidon Apartments - Pefkohori

Posted by Sarah 
Sarah
Re: Poseidon Apartments - Pefkohori
June 23, 2004 07:21AM
Thanks for this, I feel much better about the place now!! I fly tomorrow, so i'll post a fresh review as soon as i get back

Thanks for the info!!
Sarah
July 08, 2004 08:53PM
Hello All those budding people waiting on a reveiw of the Poseidon Apartments! It may help to know that if you are looking on the internet for information, then look up Hotel Poseidon, as thats what they come under, NOT apartments.

Well what can i say, been back about 2 hours and had a great time. The Posidon is a very small place and the rooms are very very basic. There is however enough to get you by. The few complaints we had, was that they were very noisy rooms, you could hear what people were saying to each other from each room, you could even hear the people above or in the room next to you going the toilet!! Also the bar is open all day from 9am till 1am and the noise travels along the corriders and into your rooms, so no chance of an early night!! On arrival at the Poseidon, we did have a few complaints, firstly the pool was tiny and there was roughly six sun loungers to use, so each day we went to the beach instead, as it was literally a 2 minute walk and the beach was lovely!!. Secondly when we checked into our room, the ceiling fan was not working, and the fan in our bathroom nearly electricuted me, as it fell from the ceiling whilst having a shower!! The ceiling fan in the bedroom/lounge, they did fix and thankfully we were able to stay cool. however the mechanism that enanbles you to turn the lights off and have the fan on, on its own didn't work, so each night we had to take the light bulbs out, so that we could have the fan on whilst we slept! Believe it or not, the fan in the bathroom was never fixed, however they did sort out the electrics, so that we wouldn't get electricuted!! But this meant our bathroom never dried out and the room started to smell musty and damp after a fortnight.

Don't get me wrong, the staff at the Poseidon were lovely and when you told them something was wrong, they did look at it for you, but not always fixed it. We also had two days where we never had the toilet bin emptied, we had to use the same towels for four days (and on one occasion, they never left us any towels at all!), the sheets were only changed once a week and the maid only visited once a week to tidy your room and make the beds!! (May be me being fussy, but not used to this lack of standards)

However for a great base to get your head down and not much else, the Posedon is fine. Just don't get your hopes up for the rooms, as they really are basic. As for Pefkohori, the beach is great, the resturants are lovely a great good all round place!! You must visit Avra, the restuarant on the beach, there sun loungers are free so long as you buy at least one drink, which can be just a bottle of water for 1 euro!! We ate there loads though and the food was great!! The Tuna salad and a plate of chips is highley recommended!!

Anyone going, have a great time!!
amy
July 10, 2004 01:01PM
hiya sarah
i stayed at the same appartments in june and i stayed in room 102a and our sheets were changed every 2 days and we dint have n e complaints really we really enjoyed it and we would love t go bk t the posieon in august. im sorry you dint like the appartmentsthere.

did you know chris and billy the bar men?
chris is fab dont ya think?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kelly
July 11, 2004 12:35PM
Hello there Amy, i read your message! remember us Kelly and Gary, you were at the Poseidon a week before us and you and Amy were very pally with Chris, you gave me your aftersun.

Well i can tell you Chris was a lost sheep when the pair of you went, he missed you terribly, after you went, he stopped working evenings and started new Job in Hanioti at the Wykiki club.

Hope you both ok, we missed you both too s you were both so entertaining.

Thanks for making our first week so funny!

Kelly and Gary
Bill Skg
July 16, 2010 03:06PM
Hello,

I found this forum and brought back to me a lot of memories from the days you all were here. I am Vasilis, if you remember me and i would like to see you all back here to our renovated Hotel Poseidon and have a great time once again. :-) my e-mail is billskg@gmail.com and you can also look us up at face book as hotel poseidon pefkohori halkidiki.

Thanx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login