Gerakini - Metamorfosi or Nikiti

Posted by jaja8700 
April 26, 2011 02:34PM
What should we choose - help us ...

Where do we find the most Greek atmosphere - shops and a
square where people meet, and good traditional Greek food.
We prefer stay in an apartment/studio, maybe someone knows a good place
which can be recommended (like smaller places).

Thank You - Jaja
Re: Gerakini - Metamorfosi or Nikiti
April 28, 2011 08:38AM
I visited Nikiti last year and it was nice, but there are better beaches. There are plenty of shops and a row of restaurants and bars along the beach. The marina has an excellent Greek restaurant with great fish! I prefer Vourvourou for the beaches and laid back atmosphere, across the peninsula from Nikiti about 20 minutes away. The beaches are beautiful and the water is crystal clear. There is no square there, but there are some very nice restaurants along the road leading to the beaches. I can't remember the name, but there is another excellent Greek restaurant right on the beach where you can sit right on the water. In between Vourvourou and Nikiti, you pass a small village called Ormos Panagias which sits on the sea and has excellent seafood restaurants on the water. There are also pirate ships that take trips out onto the sea there too.
April 28, 2011 05:18PM
Hi, we have decided to stay in Nikiti,
and now need a smaller place to stay - we would like to have a swimming
pool - any advice?

Thank You
April 29, 2011 07:28AM
We stayed at Hotel Toroneos, but I would not recommend it. It has a nice pool but the beach nearby is not good. Also, the staff were very rude. They did not resupply the room even when asked and the buffet was empty early in the dinner and they did not put much food out so many people were left with not much to eat early in the dinner. The Greek buffet dinner was 10 euros we had less than 5 euros worth of food. My favorite place to eat was the Marina restaurant, great service and food! If you stay in Nikiti, make sure to drive over to Vourvourou. You will love the beaches there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/04/2011 07:28AM by AndrewJohn.
April 29, 2011 07:50AM
Hi - we dont mind about the beach, we will have a car
- so now, we "just" need a place to stay in Nikiti
in walking distance to taverns etc.

(we know where Marina Restaurant is situated)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login