Pefkahori for the first time - some questions

Posted by mcdebs 
June 05, 2009 09:05PM
Hello
In two weeks we will be making our first visit to Pefkohori. My first question is this. Do any of the bars and supermarkets sell Strongbow cider? It isn't the end of the world if they don't but I do make it a quest to track down my favourite beverage whilst on holiday.

Debbie
Re: Pefkahori for the first time - some questions
June 05, 2009 09:16PM
Deb's think you are going to be really lucky if you find some must admit never looked for it but been to Halkidiki for the last 12 years and never seen any good luck in your quest.

Phil smileys with beer
June 06, 2009 08:08AM
only been to Afitos and Hanioti and have found it at both.Will be looking again in Hanioti in 2 week time.
June 07, 2009 03:11PM
Hi all.
Me and my partner fly out this saturday (13th june). We are staying at the ioli village apartments self catering. This will be our first time to greece. I just wondered what kind of budget I will need. Well due to recent change in job and other expence will 100 euros a day be enough for food,drink and some fun???? We will buy breakfast and most lunch from supermarket but would like to eat out at least once a day.
Thankyou
scotty
ian
June 07, 2009 07:53PM
hi scotty yes 100euro should be alright we are going on the 13 th of june just around the corner from you been eight times now to the same place when you come out of your hotel just go down the road and up the steps and on your left you have two big supermarkets to get your shopping from last year alot of eating out places was charging 20 euros for a set meal plus wine
June 07, 2009 08:23PM
Hi All

We are out there on the 15th, Scottie and Ian if you get up to the Akropolis Kriopigi on a saturday night for a greek night we will see you in there.

Steve...
June 07, 2009 08:55PM
Thanks ian and steve never been so didnt know budget wise lol. We are use to america. Maybe it would be nice to meet up, its always good to meet people who know there way around and tell us the good and the bad places to go and eat etc. Ian we fly from manchester saturday morning how about you?
June 08, 2009 05:21AM
hi deb going out on the 13th for the tenth time my mate lives there..anyway i know pauls place in the old square has it on draught..and the best bar in pef is mamos bar they have it in bottles..but there is a really big supermarket on main road it blue and white colour..they seem to have just about everything..but dont think you will have a problem..hope this helps have a good one
ian
June 09, 2009 10:32AM
hi scotty flying out at same time from manchester might see you in airport or at check in or on the bus if you need any more info let me know lots of nice places to eat and drink might see you in mamos internet bar everyone seems to go there its on the main road just go out of your hotel down the road you will see a bridge go up the steps and go right down the main road you cant miss it or if you go under the bridge follow the road down you will come to the beach near the pier lots of bars and eating out places there also try the old square pauls bar which is english or mackies which is a little greek bar see you saturday ian and pat
June 09, 2009 11:02AM
just back from halkidiki you will find it expensive belive me we went self catering and just for one small can of corned beef 3.60 . look out for my review comming soon
June 09, 2009 04:51PM
Hello Tom & Jane

How was your flight from luton, we are off out there on monday 15th so 5 days left to go, shame you found it so expensive, I have been assurred by my good friend Sakis from Kriopigi cars and the Akropolis restaurant that if you look for the right places its still pretty reasonable, he tells me he has not put up any prices in his restaurant and pint of Mythos is still 1.80 euros, thats what it was last year, but he also said there were places around that will cash in, so anybody else going out there soon just look around for the best deals, they are still out there just got to know where to go. Any body out there between the 15th and the 29th we will be in the Akropolis for his usual greek nights on the 20th and 27th so might see you there. A night well worth going to.

Yiammas
Steve....
June 11, 2009 02:53PM
Ian,
If you see me just give us a poke. Ive got very short hair, a lip piecing im 25 but look about 30 (hard life lol) oh and I wear glasses. If I was arty I would make a blue peter name badge but im not haha. Hope to see you there scotty and rach
June 17, 2009 09:40PM
thanks for all the help! We travel tomorrow morning and should arrive at the resort at "tea time" - hope the weather is good!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login