Niriides Apartments

Niriides Apartments

Posted by PhilCCFC 
Niriides Apartments
July 17, 2006 01:41PM
Hi,

Just wondering whether anyone on here has stayed at these new apartments? Considering coming back to Hanioti for the second time after staying in the Naias last time.

Comments on this accomodation would be appreciated.

Phil

PS; Are the restaurants still as good as they were a couple of years ago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/07/2006 01:44PM by PhilCCFC.
Re: Niriides Apartments
July 19, 2006 06:22PM
Hi Phil

Never been to this part of Greece before but we are going to stay at Naias apartments in August. Can I ask what you thought of them on your last stay.

Have a good holiday
July 19, 2006 07:08PM
Hi John,

Loved them, the rooms were very spacious and the place was run by some very friendly people.

I would go back tomorrow (if I could afford it, now we have to pay for both kids it's a bit steep 5yo and 2yo)

Phil
July 24, 2006 08:28PM
Hi All

I am looking at either Lesse Studios, Naias Apartments or the Niriides Apartments for summer 2007.

Is the Naias well worth a visit?

I have been to Hanioti and stayed at Halkidiki Palace and Cleopatra Studios, would recommend both but Cleopatra has slightly a better location (about 10 mins to the square).

Can I ask you all to post about Niriides once you have been?

Thanks
Rachael
hann
September 08, 2006 11:20AM
nirides is the best hotel i have stayed in haniotii stunning
September 11, 2006 02:56PM
Hope you're right as I have booked here for next year :-)
January 04, 2007 05:00PM
Bump!

Anyone else go to these apartments later on in 2006? Be interested in your views please.
April 03, 2007 09:15AM
Bump!

Being as more peopple are coming on here I thought I would try my luck with this one again.
Re: Niriides Apartments - We'll see you there!
April 03, 2007 07:33PM
Hi Phil,

So when are you off to Hanioti, Nirriiides then? Me and my best mate are going there for a two week vacation? Were booked to stay at the Niriides and were a bit wary of them as they were so new! Sounds daft I know but you can hear really bad stories about new buildings like there not built properly or there are building sites surronding them and all that Jazz!

So anyone with information on these apartments would be well appreciated?

We have never been to Hanitoti before - it looks really nice from the photos! What did you think of it Phil?

Re: Niriides Apartments - We'll see you there!
April 04, 2007 06:22AM
We'll be landing on the 26th July for 2 weeks, looks like a really nice place.
April 11, 2007 08:25AM
Also considering either the Niriides or Lesse... although other review sites have given mixed reviews to the Lesse.

Any info would be welcome?

cheers
May 08, 2007 09:55PM
Bump!

Just thought that the new season is probably (about to get) under way so maybe someone who stays at these apartments will put some info up for us.
May 17, 2007 09:35AM
Bump!

Still no info from anyone.....?
July 13, 2007 03:41PM
Also wondering about these apartments. Like you PHILCCFC, we too will be travelling at the end of July and are desperate to hear what people have to say about these apartments and surrounding area.
July 13, 2007 08:01PM
Hi - I've posted the below to another response on this site......

The rooms are as good as the Lesse. You have free Air-con, a TV, Kettle, Toaster, Microwave! along with fridge etc.

A bonus is an iron and ironing board which is hung up in the wardrobe. The rooms are of a reasonable size and in well kept order.

Safety boxes are available at a cost of 2 Euros a day (I think, coz I didn't use it).

A lift is available to use if you are not located on the ground floor. I'm not sure if they serve dinner in there but I saw tables and chairs by the reception.

The pool is pretty much like any other pool with a bar to the side along with tables and chairs.

I certainly would have no problem staying there again in the furture (I actually thought it was better, if not equal to the Lesse).

In relation to the fountains, it is about a 3 - 5 min stroll away and is based to the North of the fountains i.e. up past the Cafe Central and make a left hand turn.

If you want to know anything else then let me know!

Thanks

Mark
July 15, 2007 05:43PM
Having originally been one of the people asking about these apartments, having now been i thought I would add my thoughts for others.
I would agree with the post above, I found that the apartments looked brand new and were very well located... couple of minutes to the square and a couple of minutes walk beyond that to the beach.
We upgraded to an apartment from a studio which cost all of about £20 extra and i think this was well worth it as we had 2 balconies a separate bedroom which also had an additional air conditioner. Rooms were nicely done out in dark wood and the beds were comfortable, all the cutlery and cooking equipment you need we found was in there.
Pool area was nice with good quality sun loungers and the staff in the bar were friendly, beer was relatively cheep too being 2.5 euros for a pint, much cheeper than some of the bars in the square or down on the beech.

This was my first time in Halkidiki and the first time in an apartment for about 6 years and I thought it was excellent. Also nice to see that no one hassled you in the bars, restaurants or shops which makes for a very relaxed atmosphere.

Would not hesitate to recommend the area or the aprtments to anyone.

MH
August 13, 2007 09:33AM
The Nireides are excellent. The family that run the hotel are lovely, Milo is a star..."do you know Brighton?" Rooms are a good size, cleaners come in most days to clear out the bins and the Air con is free.

Only one downer for me about this place was the karaoke on a Tuesday night, I'm not totally against it but please Mark find the volume control. Trying to put kids to sleep when their beds are jumping around the room is a bit hard to do!

No mozzy issues this time.
August 17, 2007 06:13PM
We struggled to find any infomation regarding these new apartments prior to our departure... but on arrival in resort, we discovered that we were not to be disappointed. The staff are very friendly, the rooms are kept immaculate by the cleaners and nothing is too much trouble for them. (Within minutes of losing a backgammon counter down a gap in the decking, George was out with his Black & Decker and lifting the planks in order to retrieve it)! The rooms are quite spacious and tastefully decorated with hydro massage showers to the bathrooms. Electrics and Air-con are free and controlled by a key by the door. No key, no Air-con but fantastic in an evening after a sweltering day by the pool. Kitchen area fully equipped for 4 people and the microwave is a bonus! Safety deposit boxes are only 2 euros a day.
The pool while not oversized, can accomodate everyone comfortably and has a separate, shallow section for the little ones. It also has a jacuzzi area, which is lovely to sit in around 4pm ish, when the sun is still quite warm but you're in need of a cool down.

Beware that if you put your shutters down on the first night of arrival, you will not awake until at least 10am the next day. They do cut out an awful lot of light!

Entertainment in an evening is rather low key with a quiz night on Fridays with the rep and an outside Karaoke team on a Tuesday evenings. (It has to be said that the music was a little loud, so if you're not in to being a singing/dancing queen, eat out a little later on Tuesday evenings and don't return until after midnight).

For any further information required regarding the Nereides follow the link... www.hotelnereides.gr

With regards to Hanioti itself, it is a lovely little place with not too many 'Brit-Bars' around. Lots of lovely little Greek Tavernas with a varied menu. Prices are a little dearer than on the smaller greek islands but at what price are you willing to pay for GOOD food & wine? Fantastic fish restaurant just below the Kassandra and try out The Garden if you like the Greek Meze. There is also a little grill place just down from The Garden which serves a tasty plate of meat for 4 for approx 24 euros. Country sausage, pork souvlaki, soutzoukakia and belly pork... delicious and the freshest meat that we tasted in 2 weeks! Add some crusty bread, a greek salad and a plateful of Tzatziki/Aubergine dip and you'll be more than happy! (Or maybe that was just the wine/beer consumed while we ate)?

The beaches are a little crowded directly below the main square but a short walk either way and you will soon discover less populated beaches that are shingle free and that have crystal clear waters. Lots of water activities for the teenagers, jet-skis, para-scending, scuba diving, banana boats/ rings and of course the pedalos complete with shade canopies and slides.

Car-hire is reasonable if you look around and there are some lovely beaches/snorkelling areas to be found if you're willing to have a scenic drive. Quads are a lot of FUN!

I think this may well have covered most areas that I was enquiring about prior to our departure, so hopefully this will be of some benefit to others who are still looking for answers?

Yammas!
kezwil2002
April 01, 2008 04:21PM
Hi All

I was a rep in Hanioti a couple of years ago... can tell you now the Naias is gorgeous... Run by Mary and Dimitris! Lovely place, very very spacious apartments AND studios... right on the beach, and about a minute's walk from the square, yet still in a peaceful quiet bit! Swim up bar and decking, but I warn you, there are no sunbeds round the pool! They are all deckchairs!

As for Lesse - a bit off the beaten track, but well worth a visit!

I'm booked into the Niriides for 2 weeks from 8 May... that's been built since I left repping, so its a first for me!!!

Hope everyone's had fun there!

Kelly x
Stephen
April 02, 2008 07:25PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login