HELP!!What to do in Halkidiki and nearby

Posted by Tanya 
Tanya
May 16, 2009 08:11AM
Hi,
I'm going with my mum and my sister to Halkidiki in June. I would like to know wich are the best beaches (not only in Halkidiki) and good tavernas where you can eat good and cheap...
wich trips are to do when you go there?are there any islands nearby wich are worth seeing?

please let me know 'cause I'm really intrested seeing lovely places!!

thank you,
Tanya
ps: We're staying in The Royal Kostas Apartments (is that any good?)
Tanya
Re: HELP!!What to do in Halkidiki and nearby
May 16, 2009 12:48PM
Oh, one more question...
do they speak more italian or english?Do they prefer if you ask in italian?
May 16, 2009 02:41PM
....No they speak Greek!, although I expect most people in the restaurants, tavernas, etc will speak english!
May 16, 2009 04:02PM
Hi Tanya
I am not sure where abouts the royal kostas apartments are but you will find plenty to do in Halkidiki, are you hiring a car because it makes it much easier to get about.. I have just found them in polichrono, polichrono is reasonably quiet but plenty of nice tavernas and places to eat and last year they were reasonably priced, most places speak english not sure about italian though, Polichrono is in the middle of kassandra so its a good place to start exploring from, the best beach I have found is called Chorouso beach and is about 20 minutes drive south of where you are staying but well worth a visit, if you are hiring a car I reccomend Kriopigi Car hire, they are the best and cheapest around the area and are in Kriopigi which is the next village along from you, but he will deliver a car to anywhere in halkidiki. Hope this is some help.

Steve.....
Tanya
May 17, 2009 07:27AM
Hi ClaireStu,

ye I know they speak greek!ahah...it was just a stupid question!smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login