Anything worth seeing in Nea Moudania

Posted by Paul Martin 
Paul Martin
April 30, 2009 09:48AM
I have read on more than one occasion that there is little to see or do in Nea Moudania, we will be staying at the Oceania in July and I can't believe the towns not worth a visit, even for a coffee and a stroll.

I have 12 nights at the hotel and I think I will be going mad if I don't venture out at least once. Any suggestions greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Paul.
Re: Anything worth seeing in Nea Moudania
April 30, 2009 10:51AM
There is lots to see in Moudania. It is a Greek working town, it is not fancy by any means and I had a bit of a "to do" with someone who described it as dirty some years ago! If you like looking round a medium sized town with lots of local shops such as fishmongers, as well as some nice gift shops, clothes and shoe shops, snack bars, tavernas etc, then it is worth at least one visit. There is also a cobbler, but I suppose on a short holiday you may not need them !!

There is a market, I think it is on a Wed, but would have to check on that. The market is huge and at one end starts all the fruit, veg etc and it moved on through household goods to clothes, shoes, jewellery etc.

Last year there were major works going on in the town which meant the roads were dug up everywhere, which is the only reason we didnt visit more during our 8 months there. Usually we would go at least once a month. Look out for the small Greek coffee shop that goes off to the right behind the harbour and park area. It is not posh, but they are really cheap, friendly and have great Greek spanokopita and tiropita.

I have not been there at night as we lived at the far end of Kassandra and kept to local villages for night time drinks. I am sure after all the work that was still going on when we left in early October last year that the harbour area should be nice and improved, although it did look like they were taking away some of the front side coffee bars?

There are a few touristy type shops, and one of those Euro shops which has some good bargains like candles etc.

If you want any more info, PM me. Have you thought about hiring a car for a few days, you are pretty near some other nice villages etc which would be worth a look.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login