Cost of eating out etc in Pefkohori

Posted by bikerbabe 
August 07, 2008 10:56AM
Hello again!
Please can someone help me with the average costs of staying in Pefkohori, i.e. the cost of eating out (standard meal for 2), cost of a beer, glass of wine etc, cigarettes, prices of excursions and shopping in the supermarkets. I have never been to Greece before and havent a clue how much it is likely to cost me. I have been to Turkey, Olu Deniz - is it going to be similar prices in Halkidiki?
This info would be very much appreciated so that I can estimate how much money I need to take with me.
Thank you! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2008 10:56AM by bikerbabe.
Re: Cost of eating out etc in Pefkohori
August 07, 2008 01:51PM
Hello,
We went to Hanioti for two weeks mid june -during our stay we decided to visit a tavern that had been reccomended on this site-captains table on the main road just across the road from the manos internet cafe/taxi rank-the taveren has a glass fish cabinet outside,they have several special boards for two people along with a extensive menu, the head waiter pedros and the staff are very helpfull and very friendly,the tavern has a nice relaxed atmospher,the specials we had at a cost of 20 euro per couple are, to start garlic bread, cheese croqetts with a little side salad, stiffado, and lamb kleftiko, both these meals were delicious the meat melted in your mouth, greek yougart with honeyand walnuts and half a caraffe of wine,another night we had garlic bread, a large freshly prepared greek salad,mixed grill for two people,and a large selection of fresh seasonal fruits and half a caraffe of wine,on a third visit we had the kleftiko and stafado,but had a greek salad as a starter,the meal s were all excellent in taste and value for money, they also have a fish platter special for two people but sadly for my hubby i am not a fish person,
We found that many of the customers were people on holls who had been more than satisfied and were returning night after night-i dont think you will be dissapointed.
I personally think you will find the prices higher in greece than in turkey, we noticed the price rises this year[we have been going for 18yrs]but the cost of living for the greek people has risen like anywhere else-i think you will need that extra bit of cash with you,there are several supermarkets,butcher veg outlets etc if you wish to cook.most prices are the same as in the uk,bread and milk in the supermarkets appeared slightly deare than in uk, but there is a few bakeries which do fab freshly baked bread at very reasonable prices.
can of coke/sprite in supermarket 70 cents, beers varie between 2 euros and 2 euros 50 c
Iam sure you will love the place ,the peopl are fantastic,and offer a very warm welcome
take care
Sherrilyn
Re: Cost of eating out etc in Pefkohori
August 12, 2008 08:17AM
Thank you very much for your informative reply; very helpful!
x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login