Campings on Sithonia for Boating ?

Posted by martino35 
martino35
July 02, 2008 04:22PM
Hello,

we would like to stay in August on Sithonia with Car and Caravan and have a 3m-motorboat. Which area and which campings are good for caravan and boating ? Vourvourou with Campings Porfy or Dionysos ? Any infos or pictures abput these Campings, or Camping Platanitsi or Pitsonia more south ?

Thank you
Martin
Re: Campings on Sithonia for Boating ?
July 03, 2008 06:02AM
Dear Martino, many camping are good for boating in Sithonia. The perfect one is Camping Stavros , Kiriakì beach, south of Neos Marmaras. Why? For example you can go right to the fantastic beaches of Porto Carras - 40 beaches surronded by green- and left you 'll find the same situation. Bye Beppe
Martino
July 03, 2008 12:54PM
Hi Beppe,

thanks for your info. Camping Stavros is looking good due to its website. But i was phoning for prices, and its very expensive for us - we are 2 adults plus 3 children over 12 years, that is 5 x 8 € = 40 € + 8 € for the caravan + 4 € for electricity, all in all 52 € per day ! Thats why we were looking for a cheaper camping. Do you have any info about the above mentioned campings Porfy or Dionysos or Platanitsi or Pitsonis, or an other nice camping for boating that isnt too expensive ?

We have also seen the website of camping Melissi; its not too expensive but the beach is beyond the street, and we dont know if that camping is good for boating.

Thank you
Martin
July 03, 2008 03:48PM
DIMOTIKO' CAMPING OF PLATANITSI. Is the camping of the of the municipality of sarti.The cost is very little and the site is fantastic!!! Is located 2 km north of Sarti and 500 meters more north there are the unique beaches of Kavourotripes . You can arrive by boat. The only prblem in the camping is that you cannot leave the boat at sea for the reason that the beach is opened. You must put the boat on the beach but for 3 meters is not a problem, I suppose. The camping is very basic. but very, very nice and , I repeat, the beach of Kavourotripes are unique in mediterrean sea. Beppe
martino35
July 03, 2008 05:29PM
Hi Beppe,

yes, Camping Platanitsi seems to be a lovely place, and we dont mind if it is basic, as long as the sanitary is clean. Only thing that could be a problem for us: Searching for "Platanitsi" on youtube.com, we found some videos with very loud music (or better noise) and party there, especially in the night. We will have a look at it and decide then if we want to stay longer.

Are you a camper too and do you know the camping by own experience ?

Bye
Martin
July 04, 2008 12:06PM
No, I Know the camping for the reason that I know very very well Sithonia. 30 years that I go 2 or 3 times for year. I own a motoryacht moored in porto carras. and this year for the first time I'll go in Sithonia in october, I suppose, foe few days. Why? For the reason that last year a giant-very giant- dog arrived to my boat asking help. I was there with two my labradors and for this last dog I became foolish. I had to save him!!!!! without looking at my life. Now Mr. Athos of Halkidiki-his name- is a beloved part of my family but our life is destroyed. It is not important.From then I work hard to save dogs wherever in Italy and I am happy. Remember that Platanitsi camping is very very big and the music and the noise will be not a problem.You are right for the basic facilities.But I saw the camping many years ago and the things sure are changed. Britons !!! you conquered the wordl! What about, so, for basic toilettes? Beppe
yarre
July 22, 2008 05:39AM
I strongly suggest Platanitsi camping, as this camping is very large, and you do not have to be parked near to somebody. I The camping has a laoud and a quiet part, devded with a small hill, therefore if you want to go to the peacefull part, it is better.
The peacefull part has a place to put your boat in the sea, and you can keep it in the sea if you want.If you like you can PM me, so I can send you some photos, and for sure you are going to like it.
This quiet part is perfect for children.My family and I will be there after 15th of August.
You can contact me on my mobile if you need further assistance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login