halkidiki,sept 25th 08...????

Posted by tony51 
July 12, 2008 09:12AM
we have spotted a bargain to the alkion in kriopigi an it goes out at the end of sept 08,we are just wondering what the weather would be like generally at that time,if it hovers around 70c,that would good enough,an we dont mind a bit of rain,haha, we havent been here before but the area looks really nice,an we would like to give it a go,just wondering if it would be too late,any info would be appreciated thanks all....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2008 09:14AM by tony51.
Re: halkidiki,sept 25th 08...????
July 12, 2008 10:43AM
A few things might start closing midOctober but most things open for first week at least. Weather last year was better in late September to mid October than early September, so you can never be sure. It wasnt cold in September, but very windy with a few storms. Not much rain either. You should be fine. Temps usually, if you can use that word anywhere nowadays, early 70's.

Alkion itself is very nice hotel, some friends stayed there recently and enjoyed it. Not near beach, but has a pool and nice gardens overlooking the sea. One of the better small hotels in the area.
July 12, 2008 12:32PM
thanks for that ,jane,it sounds ok to us,if things close in kri,would there still be enough to do in hanioti,cos it seems to be not that far??
also while you are about, we usually hire a car an its best to do it locally,any tips?? looking to pickup an drop off at thess airport??
we are corfiots normally,but we fancy a change cos we went there in may,and we have heard good things about halkidiki...
anyway thanks for your reply,think we will grab the deal before it goes....
July 12, 2008 02:40PM
I think if you are coming 25 September everything will be open in Kriopigi. Hanioti is still open. Most places last year stayed open until around mid October. Then a few closed, and one by one by the end of October all closed except the locals places, cafes and small village tavernas. Even in Nov we had a fair choice of open places and we live on the other, very quiet, side.

Car hire. I believe Kriopigi cars will deliver to the airport. Our family have used them. We have used various including Hertz at the airport. It is cheaper to arrange main dealer car hire in the UK, but Sakis at Kriopigi cars will give you a quote, just put a post on or reply to his post about the weather conditions.

If you have a car you will be able to see some of the less touristy places too, if you want any tips let me know but basically drive round the whole peninsula in about an hour and a half to 2 hours depending on where you stop to look. Try Nea Skioni, Siviris, Paliori, Loutra.

We will still be about til early October so you can always private message me for more infor or help.

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login