Hanioti Park

Hanioti Park

Posted by cine 
cine
Hanioti Park
July 10, 2008 03:24PM
Hi To everyone

I am off to Hanioti with the family on Monday can't wait and have a few questions may be someone can help.

I understand there is a small park area for kids is it near the square. Is the square and park also near the beach.

I have heard a lot about the Sunshine Bar as it looks to be good for the kids could someone explain where it is. I also seem to think there is a good bar on the beach does it have a name.

Any suggestion on good food and bars would be great.

Thanks for any help

Mike
Re: Hanioti Park
July 10, 2008 09:56PM
There is a slide and Monkey bars near the beach bar on the beach, the grass behind the beach is referred to as the park although it is just a few benches and grass. There is a play park just outside the square with swings slides etc.
Depending on your kids ages you may want to vist fairytopia a bouncy castle/trampoline place for little ones.There is also a very small 4 x4 min track for the little ones too.
There is tenpin bowling in Kalithea a bit further away but not far in a taxi.
We usually find that as a family of five we prefer sitting in the afros/adpos bar on the square as they have benches instead of individual seats , where as the others are set out for parties of four or two, but thats just my opinion.All the bars seem popular and i suppose everyone has different tastes.
Tropicana restaurant on the square is a good restaurant and the gust italian also on the square.
cine
July 11, 2008 08:24AM
Hi

Thanks for the all the help kids are 5 and 8 I hope to visit a few places while there. What the walk like from Hanioti to Pefkohori can it been done near the beach or do you have to walk a main road. What Golden beach like in Pefkohori as I understand the beach at Hanioti is a shingle beach the kids like there sand, or is there places at Hanioti with more sand than shingle.

Mike
July 11, 2008 12:22PM
Hi Mike

There is also a crazy golf course just off the square.

The walk from Hanioti to Pefkorhori is a really nice one and you can walk along the lower road which is the beach road. Half way down is a lovely little bar with a great garden which goes right on the the beach.

Enjoy
July 11, 2008 04:19PM
The Sunshine Bar is just off the Square, next to the Kelfos Bar and opposite the Afros. You will see as you are wandering around.

Am unsure of the name of the beach bar but know that it is open 24/7 and at night they have lights shining into the surf in front of the bar.

Tropicana restaurant is highly recommended.

The walk to Polichrono can be done along a road parallel to the beach and also partly on the beach itself. It should only take you around 30 - 45 mins depending on how slow or fast you walk, but is a nice walk.

Both the square and the park are only about a minutes walk from the beach.

Have a wonderful time, I am sure you will fall under Hanioti's spell as everyone else (including me) seems to!
July 11, 2008 04:29PM
Some advice for travelling with little ones.
The Transfer is quite long but very scenic, get the kids to go to the loo at the airport , its next to the luggage carousels in arrivals.
Also once past security at the airport, buy your drinks at whsmith's etc , you will get them cheaper and much bigger bottles than on the plane. (ie fruit shoots etc).Buy a few then you have some fro the coach too.
We also take one of those cheap magnetic drawing boards from tesco (with stamps) for the youngest, great for passing time waiting for food in restaurants etc.
July 11, 2008 05:45PM
Hi -just returned on 3-7-08 & been going for 18 years to Hanioti.
Walk to pefkahori is 4km about 30 min - polychrono is twice as far allow 50 min -take drinks if at all hot .
hope you have a great time ......... Steve & sherrilyn
cine
July 12, 2008 01:14PM
Hi Thanks to everyone just started to pack and can't wait.

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login