Polychrono

Polychrono

Posted by Susan A 
Polychrono
June 12, 2007 03:57PM
Am off to Polychrono in two weeks time staying at Royal Kostas apartments with my cousin.. want to book a couple of trips, maybe a boat trip...anyone been or can offer any advice on where to get cheapest deal....also any good tips on where to eat (local food) or places to avoid. Look forward to any replies from anyone with local knowledge.
Re: Polychrono
June 12, 2007 04:06PM
Oh, we shall look forward to your replies on this one - we're arriving at the same apartments on 5 July for 12 nights - the 1st time we've been to Halkidiki.
June 12, 2007 05:26PM
We are travelling on the 5th July. Staying at the fanis apartments for the 6th time.

We are travelling with First choice. We have booked trips through them but they are expensive, but on the up side you know you will be properly looked after, at least they all speak english. If you book from the town square the prices are cheaper, but the boats are heaving and full of different nationalities, some of whom can be very ignorant with no manners. There is a water park which is brilliant.

Aboat trip to turtle island is lovely. A fun cruise is really enjoyable for little kids and big kids alike.
You can't go wrong for anything to eat. There are plenty of tavernas, which give you a great selection of food. Don't be surprised if after your main course you are given a pudding or free drink. You can,t go wrong if you want a cooked breakfast. Go to the cockney cafe. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT, and very filling.

Whatever you do you will surely enjoy your stay.
We LOVE IT
June 13, 2007 11:12AM
Hope the infomation I received helps you too!! We are going to Royal Kostas on 2nd July for 7 nights may see you there I'm Sue and my cousin is Lin and we intend to laze about quite a lot so will probably get chatting to you around the pool area.
June 13, 2007 11:18AM
Thank you so much for the information the trip to turtle island sound like a great day out and would probably suit us best....... if you are returning for the 6th time it must be a really nice place to visit. I've been to lots of greek islands but my cousin has not been to Greece before so I chose Halkadiki because it sounds very traditional and not too busy.

Thank you for the info it is much appreciated Sue
June 13, 2007 01:31PM
Susan A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope the infomation I received helps you too!!
> We are going to Royal Kostas on 2nd July for 7
> nights may see you there I'm Sue and my cousin is
> Lin and we intend to laze about quite a lot so
> will probably get chatting to you around the pool
> area.

Hi, We're Kim & Trev from Southampton and will be arriving aprox 4pm on the 5th. Not only is it our 1st time, but also we've gone diy - so expect we will look very confused when we arrive lol
For the past 4 years we have gone to Pefkos in Rhodes, and thus decided for this year we will try the mainland.
We've read a few threads on here, and believe that the aircon is free at the Royal Kostas. Let's hope that's true - more euro's for food and drink lol
Shamefully to say we still haven't picked up much about the greek language - though we seem to still get by.
We shall be looking to book some excursions too, and take the odd taxi ride into neighbouring towns to have a nose.
We are more beachy than pool people - though i'm sure we'll catch up at somepoint - afterall you would have been there 3 days when we arrive so will know the resort inside out smiling smiley

Thanks from us too PDewhurst6, gives un more insight as to what is available.
I think i read somewhere about an excursion to some caves, where you go by boat into them? If that's true its certainly something that interests us (Well for Trev it does, and Kim with a little persuasion!)

Has anyone comeback from the Kostas this year yet, that has any reviews?

Kim, Trev
June 13, 2007 01:37PM
Hi we returned from Polycrono on the 31 may and it was a fantastoc holidaqy we didnt stay at the royal kostas we stayed at the fanis you must go and have a drink at the fanis as the staff there are so friendly the resort is fab and everywhere you eat is lovely didnt have one bad meal in 2 weeks plenty of places to choose from, for breakfast try the miramare they doa lovely contimental inc cakes!! didnt get to the eat in the cockney cafe for brekky as when we went it was always closed. have a fab time im sure you will we want to go back next year.
June 15, 2007 04:53PM
Hi pink jane,

Did you pass on my message to Saki?

Is Dinos still working there.

Can't wait to get there again, on the 5th July.

What was the weather like?
June 19, 2007 07:49PM
Hi didnt manage to pass on your message as sakis wasnt there much as they him and his wife have just had a baby and the baby is still in thessalokini in hospital as she was prem so he wasnt tere very much at all sorry, dinos is stil tere he is so lovely please say hi to him from jane, nick and kieron whether was not great the first week but fab the second hope you have a great time x
June 20, 2007 11:38AM
Hi Kim and Trev

Just like you we are really looking forward to Royal Kostas sounds like the appartments are very spacious (we have a studio) and the area is quiet but with plenty to do. According to our brochure air con is NOT free so don't count of it being so, look on it as a bonus if it is with a few more euros to spend.

Looking forward to meeting up with you Sue X
June 20, 2007 05:18PM
Hi pinkjane.

Did I understand this right Sakis is now married and a father.

Was it not his sister who already has a boy.

If it is Saki he kept that really quiet.

We have never seen him with a wife. Good on him.

What was it a boy or girl, did you find out
June 20, 2007 08:15PM
hi pdewhurst6

yes it is def his wife/girlfriend they had a little girl, i am so jealous that your off shortly please say hi to dinos for us and tell him ill email him soon wth some piccys, have a great time report back when you get home
June 20, 2007 08:22PM
course i,ll send your good wishes to dinos.

What a brill guy.

Do you know if he went in the army when the season finished last year.

Still can't believe it of Saki.

How was Mr and Mrs Fanis? Are the gardens still mown every Wednesday before the new arrivals come on the Thursday.

Can,t wait to see everyone again. LUCKY LUCKY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 21, 2007 09:16AM
hi pdewhurst6

Yes dinos did go and do his national service that is all finished now he was telling me all about it and he showed me some photos as well bless him

mr and mrs fanis are fine we were abit confused is dimitria mrs fanis??

also mr fanis doesnt do the gardens a gardener/odd job man comes in and puts all the sunbeds away and cuts the grass on a wednesday ha ha!!

how many wees til you go?
June 21, 2007 06:48PM
Hi pinkjane,

Dimitria is Sakis sister. Mr and Mrs Fanis daughter.

Glad to here Dinos has done his National Service.

2 weeks today. Hurray!!!!!!!!!

Can,t wait. Any other info before we go would be much appreciated. Anyone
June 22, 2007 08:04PM
Pink Jane
please check your private messages

Thanks
June 23, 2007 12:28PM
hi pdewhurst6

i have sent you a message, didnt see mr and mrs fanis at all, actually tell a lie we did see mrs fanis but domitria and her hubby do everything at the hotel now.
June 24, 2007 10:17AM
Hi Polychrono is a great resort you will find tour shops dotted about the resort and prices are the same in all of them, alot cheaper than tour operators.
Places to eat try Kleanthis on the front or Viva Steak bar a little further along the front. If you want something Quick tasty and cheap Try Poldo's two Gyros and 2 pints 6euros turn right at water melon sign go to top turn left. the Cockney Bar does Good english food large portions. The Best Greek meal is at Kriopigi the restaruant Platia you will probably need to book on a weekend as it is a favourite with the greek's
I personally avoid Tulip Restaruant
June 24, 2007 12:34PM
costadelboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Polychrono is a great resort you will find tour
> shops dotted about the resort and prices are the
> same in all of them, alot cheaper than tour
> operators.
> Places to eat try Kleanthis on the front or Viva
> Steak bar a little further along the front. If you
> want something Quick tasty and cheap Try Poldo's
> two Gyros and 2 pints 6euros turn right at water
> melon sign go to top turn left. the Cockney Bar
> does Good english food large portions. The Best
> Greek meal is at Kriopigi the restaruant Platia
> you will probably need to book on a weekend as it
> is a favourite with the greek's
> I personally avoid Tulip Restaruant

Many Thanks for the above - we have noted the restaurants - Only 11 days till we arrive...Yipppeee
October 06, 2007 04:50PM
dear pinkjane,what time did you go to the cockney cafe?as we opened at 8.30 and NEVER CLOSED until 1.30to2.30 the following morning,sorry if thats not enough hours for you to squeeze a breakfast in,but thousands did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login