Hairdressers

Hairdressers

Posted by June 
June
Hairdressers
June 04, 2008 01:55PM
Hello
I've just moved here and my Greek is very bad I was wondering if anyone knew of a English hair dresser. If yes could you please give me there details.

Thanks in advance
Re: Hairdressers
June 04, 2008 03:06PM
hi there, nothing to do with hairdressers im afraid, hoping u could spare some advice. My family and i are hoping to move out there asap, how you finding getting by with the laungage, jobs etc. Any info would be very grateful.
June 04, 2008 03:34PM
June, try Eleni in Hanioti. Just ask anywhere and someone will tell you directions. We have never found a good hairdresser before, but this year we managed to find Eleni. She speaks English too, although she is Greek.
June
June 05, 2008 08:40AM
I've been here 3 months now and am married to Greek man. The laungage is very difficult but am trying. I don't have a job as the family own property. But if you want work then I can't see how you will get it without some Greek as it is such a big holiday place for the Greeks. Are you coming alone or with your family. I've heard lots of people who have moved here with children which I can't think is fair as they will not know Greek and there schooling will sufer. But then the life style is lovely here so maybe that out wieghs the down side. You really need to come for an extrended holiday first before moving and see if you like it.
June 06, 2008 12:17PM
Hi all

at this time of year you may get work in the bars hotels or restaurants, bar work waitressing or cleaning the wage is not very good and the hours very long. The best money is with the tour companies Thompson etc if you can get in there then its English wages.

If you are staying there for the winter, make as much money as you can. In the winter there is no work.

Good luck

Joanne
June 08, 2008 02:51PM
The money for a transfer rep for Thomsons is not very good at all. I wont post it here, but for 4-6 hours work it is very low.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login