driving directions - Thesalonika airport to Polychrono

Posted by alexa 
alexa
June 01, 2008 06:42AM
Hi,

Off to Polychrono mid June, thanks to Easyjet / BA, and a hire car. Unfortunately, my tomtom map does not cover Greece, and I wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a good road map for the area so I can get from the airport to Polychrono.

Not much about on Google search ref roads / maps.

thanks
D&A
Re: driving directions - Thesalonika airport to Polychrono
June 01, 2008 10:54AM
Hi,
The best maps we have found are by Orama - we bought ours in Greece, so not sure if you can get them in the uk.
I wouldn't worry too much though about not having a map when you arrive, the journey is fairly straight forward & the car hire company should give you a basic map if you ask. If you don't have a map follow these signs/roads & you'll get there - will take about an hour:

• Leave the airport & at the first set of traffic lights go straight on, heading for Nea Moudania.
• After a short time, take the slip road signposted Nea Moudania.
• Stay on the main road heading for Nea Moudania.
• Stay on the main road, now heading for Kassandra. Do not turn off the main road into Nea Moudania.
• Approx half way through the journey you will drive across a bridge over the canal at Nea Potidea. You are now on the Kassandra peninsula. Continue on main road.
• Stay on road, signposted Nea Fokea.
• Continue straight ahead at traffic lights signposted Kallithea.
• Drive through Kallithea, continue straight ahead at the lights.
• Continue straight on through Kriopigi.
• Polychrono is the next village.

Dani.
alexa
June 01, 2008 01:41PM
thank you - that's really helpful.
Phil
June 02, 2008 06:59PM
If you want online maps,try a website called www.maporama.com I used this for an acurate street map of Thessaloniki and it was as good as the A to Z maps that you get in the U K. You could also try Google Earth, here you can combine the map with satellite pictures and you will find that the roads out of the airport at Thessaloniki have been well photographed and are in reasonabley high definition. Enjoy the driving experience, don't panic, don't rush and most of all please be careful you are on holiday afterall.
Yasso Philipos.
alexa
June 04, 2008 06:58AM
Thanks Phil - that's a good map link. It's odd that that tomtom don't provide a map for Greece for my ppc - will be odd doing it the old fashioned way smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login