Exchanging money in Hanioti

Posted by marie #31 
April 15, 2008 06:12PM
Hi everyone

I am going to Halkidiki for the first time in a couple of weeks & was wondering if anyone could help me out with some info. Firstly, is there anywhere to exchange money & if so are the exchange rates reasonable. Secondly any recommendations for restaurants, must do attractions etc will be greatly appreciated!! We are staying in Hanioti

Thanks in advance for any help me get!
Lisa MacDonald
Re: Exchanging money in Hanioti
April 15, 2008 07:49PM
Marie,

There are quite a few places in Hanioti that you will be able to exchange money at, including some of the hotels. You don't say where you are staying so I could not say whether your hotel is one of them, but if not, they will be able to tell you the best place to go. Exchange rates are not brilliant, but you will get a bit more for your money than you will here.

As for restaurants, in Hanioti there are several, it really depends what kind of food you are in the mood for! My personal favourite was the Tropicana on the square but there are loads of different ones, you will never get time to try them all!

Hanioti beach is very nice there are sunbeds and umbrellas to be hired all along the beach. There is also a very cool beach bar where, at night, they have lights that shine over the water and you can actually go down into the water to have your drink if you so wish!

There are several really nice cocktail bars, Sunshine, Kelfos to name a couple and a nice bar called Billys where they have a couple of karaoke/quiz nights and show any big sports events on a large screen.

You can book trips via your rep but it may pay you to go down into the town and book them there as you will probably get them cheaper. One trip I had heard a lot about, but didn't go on myself, was a cruise on a pirate ship, I can't remember the name I'm sorry, but apparently the Captain is a hoot!

Hanioti is a lovely resort and a very chilled out place to holiday. You can also go along into the next village - Polychrono - where a lot of the bars and restaurants are along the sea front and you can walk along the promenade and choose which one you want to visit next!

I hope this helps. The resort will be fairly quiet as it is the beginning of the season but I am sure that you will have a fantastic time regardless.
April 15, 2008 07:54PM
Hiya

Having been to hanioti for the past number of yrs, we have always used the exchange next door to the Horseshoe bar, what the exchange rate will be like this year though i couldnt tell you as the euro isnt very good at the moment.

My favourite restaurant is Erodios which is just around the corner from the Horseshoe bar, i have also had good meals in Stones, Zorbas and Spiros. We are returning again in August and cannot wait, where are you staying?

Sian
April 16, 2008 11:24AM
We're staying at the Hilltop Hotel, I'm really looking forward to my holiday as all the restaurants sound great & it seems like theres plenty to do>

Thanks for all your help!! We'll definately visit some of the places you have mentioned.
michael e
May 12, 2008 08:29PM
vicky apartments the one the only the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login