Studio/Apartment/Villa For Rent - 3 Nights

Posted by stoff16 
April 28, 2008 01:26AM
Hi Folks,

I am interested in coming to Halkidiki for 3 nights as of the 1st of May, 2008 with girlfriend. I was looking for some information on decent places to stay. I will be coming from Thessaloniki, probably the airport, and returning to Thessaloniki on Sunday 4th May. Does anyone know how often the bus services run, and how much they cost? And also the taxi fares - note Im looking to go to the 'first finger' of Halkidiki, Kassandra I think? I need somewhere that has internet access or has close access to net access. Access to a beach would be great also. I tried the Villa Oasis but received errors from the email I sent unfortunately.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
John Richard Kirton
Re: Studio/Apartment/Villa For Rent - 3 Nights
April 28, 2008 09:59AM
Hi Dave
Buses run every hour to kassandra from bus station which is a short taxi ride from the airport bus fare is 15eur. Taxi from airport to Polycrono is 55/60 eur.There is plenty of Accomadation in Polycrono try Lucia at Georges appartments near the bakery.

John K
April 28, 2008 11:47AM
Thanks John,

Which Bus Station goes to Kassandra? Is it the big KTEL or another one? I had an email back from [www.villaoasis.gr] and this looks promising - although Im slightly confused about the location. Does anyone know where this is exactly?

Thanks
April 28, 2008 12:19PM
If you click on the location map it shows you. It is near the top of the peninsula. As you are coming 1st May I would say it would be a bit too quiet there as things are only just starting to open up further down. Depends what you want really.
April 28, 2008 12:43PM
Cheers Jane,

Any idea about the buses to Thessaloniki?

We are looking for something quiet, relaxed, but woud definitely like to be able to eat out at night....
April 29, 2008 11:18AM
Hi Dave,

if u mean the Villa Oasis which I know these are 100meters from us away.
At the highway from Nea Potidea to Fokes?
My grandparents are there atm, there should be two empty flats.
But without a car u can forget it to go out at night, because it is between Potidea and Fokes and nearly impossible to reach the village by foot.
April 29, 2008 11:29AM
Hi Dave,

I googled now VillaOasis, and yes it is the one close to us, I nearly could see our house on there pictures from the beach *g*
For relaxing it is the perfect area, because at these beaches u are nearly allone, I enjoy that very much.
In season that changes but at the moment you should have kilometers of beach for yourself.
Why don´t u rent a car in thessaloniki?
Thats really easy, they bring it to u to the airstation and there they take it again.
And even a blind chicken can find Chalkidiki/Kassandra by car from the airstation *g*
U have to turn exactly one time right on the highway and then only straight until u turn left into the VillaOasis.

best regards

Alex
April 29, 2008 01:39PM
I'm not too comfortable driving in Greece - haven't driven for about a year. Are taxis possible between the villa and the village?

We have booked Villa Oasis from Thursday for 3 nights, now just need to figure out the best way to get there and back.

I'm quite a tall lad, reasonably well built so need a bigger car. I reckon that will cost around 120 euros, plus say 30/40 euros petrol. Thats 160 euros.

I can get a ride there and back for 150 euros but that doesn't help us when we are at the apartments.

I can take the bus, as someone suggested was 30 euros return, so for the two of us that 60 euros. Thats still around 100 euros cheaper than the car, and allows us to hire a car.

Does that sound about right?
April 29, 2008 03:16PM
If you had gone to Kriopigi you would not need a car as most places are now open! Nothing much open the end you are staying, not yet anyway.
April 29, 2008 09:49PM
Hi Jane,

I understand that, and I appreciated your advice. The reason we went for this area is we want somewhere quiet and we will probably eat in most of the time, might only be one or two meals out. We live in Thessaloniki, not sure if that was mentioned before, so we get enough of the Greek night life already - I live within throwing distance of Kamara.

Kris (Dave is my dad that posted originally)
April 30, 2008 05:56AM
OK Kris ! We live in Mola Kaliva which is very quiet too and we prefer the quiet life, but we do get the chance to visit the other side when we feel like it, which is nice. I think we are perhaps looking forward to a bit of life and activity soon, we arrived early March and everything was shut, apart from a few weekend places.

Can you recommend anywhere in Thessaloniki. We can only go during the day as we have our dog with us. We know Ouzo Melathron and Smyrnie in the old Market. We were told something about The Kitchen near the port, but never did find it. We also know of Manolis just outside Thessalonik for lamb and goat.

We love Thessaloniki and try to go about once a fortnight just for a bit of shopping in the market and of course a nice lunch somewhere.

Have a great time, the weather has picked up nicely after that blip on Sunday. 17.5 deg (in the shade) this morning at 8am.

Jane
April 30, 2008 08:24PM
Hi Jane,

Thanks for that smiling smiley It deoends on the sort of restaurants that you like - Greek tavernas or? I actually tried an Indonesian restaurant in the city centre the other night, was surprisingly good - note Ive never eaten Indonesian before in my life!

To get the bus to Halkidiki, I should take the 31 bus from the City Centre to the small KTEL bus station, and then from there. Can anyone confirm this?

Kris
May 01, 2008 11:25AM
We like Greek tavernas, restaurants. But we are quite happy to try something else. Do you have any Thai or Japanese restaurants in Thessaloniki area, or a Japanese steak house? Indonesian must be a bit like Thai, so that could be interesting. LEt us know.

I know nothing about buses, sorry. We have a car and drive everywhere.

Bye for now
Jane in a nice sunny hot Mola Kaliva - we went to Pefkohori today and people were in the sea, I think I will wait a bit longer...!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login