weather

weather

Posted by doncaster daz 
weather
April 06, 2008 12:16PM
hi all whats the weather like at the moment 7 weeks for us cant wieght
Re: weather
April 06, 2008 03:29PM
We arrived 11 March and the weather has been lovely, around 18 deg first week and sunny, but the last week has been a bit colder at 13, and yesterday was the worse day ever, rained all day and got up to about 11.

However, we are forecast from tomorrow to get higher temperatures, up to mid/late twenties with sun. It started with rain this morning and afternoon, and by 4pm got up to 18 with sun, so I am expecting the forecast to be right.

Seven weeks is a long time away ! I would guess mid May? Things can change a lot in those weeks, but if it is like last year then it will be hot right from April through to end Aug.
April 06, 2008 03:42PM
cheers jane,we arine 29th may staying at the fanis appts are they ok,we havent bin to the main land bfore but heard a lot ov good reports,is there plenty to do in polichrono,my wife is veggie and will be 18 weeks pregnant when we arive,so hoping theres enough for her to eat......i will be ok i will live on gyros lol...
April 09, 2008 01:44PM
Hello again. We have not stayed in Polichrono, but from the reports on this forum it is a nice place to stay. We have been coming for 30 years and we started off at the Pallini Beach for fifteen years, then we tried Siviris which is very nice but now you can only book direct at the UK tour operators pulled out, again.... Then we lived here for three summers til 2001, then we stayed in friends apartments for six years, and now we have rented a house again, this time for three years, but we are on the other side of the peninsula as it is quieter for long term stays.

We have obviously been down into Polichrono and there are lots of places to eat and drink, but we already have our favourites around the peninsula so I cannot actually recommend any. I can of course recommend others around, mainly non tourist type places which have good, plentiful portions !

Veggie, no problems. Loads of Greek salads, all types of other salads. Fish? if so, lots of fish dishes. Chips, deep fried courgettes, spicy cheese dips, fried cheese. I am sure you will have a great time here. There are lots of other nice villages to visit and of course the other peninsula, Sithonia. But if your wife is 18 weeks pregnant she may just want to chill out and relax.

If we can help with any other queries, not specific to Polichrono! please ask. We have been to most of the villages, if not all of them, around this peninsula and can recommend various places, beaches etc if you want to venture out.

Jane
Anca
April 22, 2008 11:46AM
Hello everybody and help!:-)
Can anyone help me regarding the weather forecast in Neos Marmaras, from Easter untill 2nd of May.I've planed a trip there but the weather seems to be not very pleasant.I've check a few sites, but each one was showing something else, from 12 to 20 degree Celsius.
Thank's a lot!
April 22, 2008 02:50PM
The weather at the moment is around 24 deg C and sunny. Misty start to the day but it soon clears. There is a cool wind, so no swimming in the sea! We are on Kassandra, but the weather is very similar to Sithonia. In fact sometimes Sithonia is a bit warmer.

Forecast is set to be good, mid 20's and sunshine with a few clouds. Forecast rain for this Friday, Good Friday, but forecasts are very vague at the best of times.

For end April the weather is lovely. Much better than in UK.
Anca
April 23, 2008 06:48AM
Thank you for your answer.I've looked today to the Neos Marmaras forecast and it looks very bad for the days I've want to spent there.Rain, 18 degrees or even 15...That means no suntan and not sure if worth's going.Still, if they are not wright, i'll be verry upsaid not going.Trouble in paradaise!:-(.
Lisa
April 30, 2008 03:06PM
I am staying in Polichrono for 2 weeks from 12th May at Halkadiki Palace. Can anyone gives me details of surroundings nr the hotel.

Thanks
Lisa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login