first time to Greece/Hanioti

Posted by loro49 
April 18, 2008 10:57PM
Hi All

i have a couple of questions regarding our trip to hanioti in may/june Grecotel Pella Beach

1) do we need to take a cardigan for the evenings ?

2) currency i know it's the euro,but we are used to going to Turkey and they will take anything gbp,us dollars,euros,ect
so what's the best to take cash in euro,cash in gbp or traveler cheques? how are traveler cheques received over there,where can you change them too? are you restricted to banks,or do most places change them
3) and lastly regarding tipping i read somewhere that tips where included in the bill and no additional tipping is require is this so ?

many thanks in advance

loro49

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 18/04/2008 11:06PM by loro49.
Re: first time to Greece/Hanioti
April 19, 2008 02:13PM
Best idea would be to open a Nationwide flex account. You can draw money over here and they give you the business rate, not the tourist one. As the rate is so low it would be better. We live over here 7 months but we always use this card.

I do know one place in Hanioti that changes gbp and travellers cheques. There may be more, we dont actually live that side, but I thought you might be wanting some quick reply ! Banks change money or travellers cheques, there are plenty of banks. They charge commission, or when it is commission free the rate is lower.

Cardigan for evenings, well I would bring one as it doesnt take much room up. Lots of places have heaters outside on cold evenings. May could be cold, or as last year really hot. So bring one.

Tipping. There is a cover charge for your table which covers bread and tips. However, if you are really pleased with the service it is always nice to leave a little extra. Nothing too much but just a thought, or for instance if the bill is 24 euros 10 cents, just leave the change. It is not like the USA however, it is not generally expected.

Hope you have a good time when you come over.
Re: first time to Greece/Hanioti
April 19, 2008 03:02PM
Hi Jane

thanks for the quick reply, it gives us some time to have a look at that Nationwide account thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login