kriopigi

kriopigi

Posted by gem30 
gem30
kriopigi
April 09, 2008 04:03PM
Hi, have booked to go to Kriopigi in july for two weeks. Am staying at the aegean apartments. Have read some bad reports on this resort. Could anyone give me some information on this resort/apartments. Many thanks
Re: kriopigi
April 09, 2008 04:14PM
Kriopigi is a smallish village, set on the main road. It is a long way down to the beach, but there are lots of good places to eat and drink on the main road. Also a nice taverna called Anthoulas in the old square up on the hill.

Although the beach is a long way, your hotel has a pool and there is also a little train that takes people down to the beach and back in season.

I don't know what you have read that is bad, perhaps you could tell us and we can let you know what is correct or not. It can be very busy in July and August, as everywhere in the Med is. There is a mix of traditional type tavernas, English bars and quick food places. A few supermarkets and tourist shops mixed in.

Try The Sweet Coffee Shop for "to die for" crepes, sweet or savoury, home made pizza, speciality coffees and teas, drinks, toasted sandwiches, and more. Lovely owners, Morfy and Sakis, will make you feel very welcome in an old Greek style cafe. Try Casablanca for drinks, English snacks if you feel like a change from Greek food, and Sky TV if you are into sports. It is owned by Tony and Debbie, who again are lovely people and will look after you. As I said Anthoulas in the old square, does food you will find nowhere else and it is lovely, a bit expensive but worth a trip or two for the difference in food.

There are other places, one does a Greek night. I think there is another English bar, not too sure if it is still open. I have really only mentioned the places we go to when round that way, and our friends place (Coffee Shop). There are many more places to try.

Hope that helps a bit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login