Guide books/what to do

Guide books/what to do

Posted by Steve&Sal 
Guide books/what to do
April 01, 2008 09:17AM
Hi folks

Can anyone recommend a guide book for Halkidiki. We have just booked for the last two weeks in June at the Alkion in Kriopigi and it's our first time here although we have been to Greece many times before.
Most of the books based on the Greek mainland seem to have only basic information on Halkidiki, and on some of the lesser visited areas we have been to, I have found better books and information on sites like this, and in the resort.(- sometimes written by Brits now living in the area.)
We are travelling with our son who will be 21 months old so our plans will be a little different this time.
Probably just looking for simple things like good beaches to visit, local markets, short boat trips (as opposed to the all day barbecue types) and little villages we can potter about for an hour or so until he gets bored.
No problem with us getting about as we will hire a car for some of the time and use the buses otherwise.
Also if there are any special eating places you know of I would be really grateful (the older and Greeker the better) . Taking the little one with us means we will often have to eat at lunchtime or around 5 - 6 o'clock. This means evenings in, instead of a walk out as the sun goes down then drinks and meals at 9 or 10 - so it will be quite a change!

Many thanks - Steve&Sal
Re: Guide books/what to do
April 01, 2008 10:22AM
I have sent you a private message

Jane
April 03, 2008 02:55PM
hi jane could you post some info up on here too as im quite interested also (cheeky i know !) I will be arriving with a 4 month baby and a 2 &4 year old so will be quite limited to whats enjoyable for them besides the obvious hotel based entertainment.
thanks
jo
x
April 04, 2008 05:44AM
Calypso, where will you be staying? It seems like Pefkohori from your other posts. I do not know a lot about Pefkohori, but can certainly tell you what is around the peninsula. I will copy you on my previous pm to another poster, check your private messages for the info. Anything else you think I can help with, just send me a pm (it saves cluttering the forum board up with repeat messages) Regards. Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login