Moving to Halkidiki

Moving to Halkidiki

Posted by angi66x 
Moving to Halkidiki
February 15, 2008 01:34PM
hi there, my name is Angi, i am hoping to move to Kassandrino later in the year with my partner and two children. I have friends living out there already who are helping me with various topics. But would love to hear from anyone with any ideas on finding work, i can put my hand to anything and have worked the hotels in Halkidiki many years ago. I can get by with basic Greek and at the moment trying to better that knowledge. My partner is a computer technician but is very handy with anything electrical. My son is at school age and my daughter will be leaving school here in the UK in around 11 weeks time, she is very interesed in being a holiday rep or hotel work. So if anyone can shed any light on the above please get back to me, very much appreciated. angi
Re: Moving to Halkidiki
February 15, 2008 07:29PM
Hi Angie

lucky and brave you to be taking such a big adventure. You will need to be careful of the time you move out, because the season runs from May to October if you are lucky. Because May and September are quiet times. Through the winter there is no work. But I am sure you know that.

There may be work with the travel companies but if you can arrange anything now from this end it will be easier.

Is your son just at school age, if so it will be easy for him to pick up the language and if you can teach him as much as the basics it will be good.

Hope this helps

Joanne
Re: Moving to Halkidiki
February 15, 2008 07:56PM
Hi there, thanks for the advise. We do know about the winter shut down though lol. Its a shame everything closes down so early as its such a beautiful place and still lovely and sunny oct/nov. We will have some backup money to see us by for a winter or two, but by then hopefully our knowlege of the language will have progressed and with the help of our friends who already live there, we are hoping to get by. We currently live in wales and my son has picked up the language really easily here, unlike us, iv been concentrating on my greek lol.

My partner, Paul being a qualified office equipment technician is willing to travel to thessaloniki for work, so fingers crossed.

Thank you for the reply anyway, any information is very usefull.

angi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login