Royal Kosta Appartment

Royal Kosta Appartment

Posted by Claire 
Royal Kosta Appartment
August 22, 2007 03:28PM
Hi,
I have been reading the message board about the Royal Kosta Appments, i am going there with my partner in a weeks time, and am very worried now i wont like it as alot of people have put me off about the bar man Alex, is he really like everyone says, I know i shouldnt be so narrow minded, but im kind of worried he will come into our room un-anounced. Is the appartments clean and a nice chilling place as me & my partner are only going to relax dont want anything hectic.

Anyones info would be much appreciated i dont want to be put of a week before we go.

Cheers
CJP
Re: Royal Kosta Appartment
August 23, 2007 06:59PM
You have no need to worry at all.
Just got back a couple of weeks ago.
Alex is a nice guy, yes he does try to chat up single women, he tried it with a lady
who was with her small son whilst we were there.
He invited her back to his place (which is just across the road) when she said she was with
her son he suggested they have a bottle of wine on the balcony.
That is all it amounted to, I have heard the stories of him turning up at girls rooms to fix a tap
that wasnt leaking but he is just a lonely Greek who see's himself as a bit of a stud.
A firm no would put him off.
He will not bother you if you are with a partner and as I said he is a nice guy.
The apartments are spotless, cleaned daily, the pool is a bit small but so are all the others
in Polichrono.
Make sure you visit the Downunder Bar, turn right when you hit the beach and it is the last bar.
Say hello to Harry and Laz.
Don't worry you will be fine and have a great time.
Cheers
Chris
August 24, 2007 02:17PM
Hi Chris,
Thanks i feel ten times better already, Thats made me feel quite excited about going on my hols now, Yes ill def go to the downunder bar is that an restaurant aswel or just beer, I will def say hello to Harry & Laz for you, Can you tell me of any nice restaurants im abit fussy when it comes to eating abroad, What about nice cocktails do they do them in most bars?.

Ohh and is the beach nice? & is it nice.

Thanks Claire
August 24, 2007 07:19PM
Dear Claire

Polichrono is a beautiful resort lots of bars/tavernas to choose from im sure you will find a place you like to eat regulaly .

the beach is not very wide but very nice and if u fall of your sunbed your in the sea lol
well maybe with a little roll as well.
the sea is crystal blue and clear.

say hi again to Harry and Laz from Jeff Kay and Boyd
Down Under is a Bar only but Harry dont mind if you take in a Gyros to eat hes an Australian/Greek and a great guy whos humour is alittle dry but good for a laugh.

Polichrono had changed so much since i was last there 4 years ago which i saw for myself this year.

dont worry about Don Quane (Barman) they only want holiday romance with single girls.

Have a great time relax and chill out
Sunbeds 2 euro Parasols 1 euro from man on beach .

Yaimas
JEFF
CJP
August 26, 2007 07:44AM
Hi Claire
As Jeff says there are loads of restaurants on the front.
We did not have one bad meal.
When you cross the road from the Kostas you walk straight down till you hit the sea.
There is nothing much to the left a couple of bars and a hotel.
all the main places are to the right and in the side streets.
There are many nice places and for the life of me I cannot remember the names.
There is one with a garden at the back, it begins with N, this is really good.
There is a steak bar on the front, we did not try this but some friends did and although
the place was nice the Greeks do not seem to be able to cook steak. Stick to Lamb.
There is a cocktail bar just before you get to the Downunder.
If you want English food try the Cockney Cafe, it is spotless and does roast dinners of huge
proportions. pies, English Breakfast, liver and onions and so on. (It is a bar as well )
As I said it is spotless and friendly on a side street just off the front, you will see the signs.
We didn't actually eat there because we prefer Greek but we had a drink there, many people
from the Hotel did and said it was great.
Hanoiti just up the road is worth a visit. 6 Euros in taxi. (Taxi stand looks like a bus shelter and
is on the right just past the kiosk and before bakery just after you cross main road)
It is a bit more chic that Polychrono, it' centered around a main square which is very pretty
and has Cafe Bars like we have in UK, it is also better for shopping as there is not much
in Polychrono. (It also has an Indian if you fancy)
On the front there is only one bar, do not have a drink there it's a rip off 5 Euro.
There a many nice places here including a German beer house.
If you need anything else please come back to me.
Cheers
Chris
August 28, 2007 08:38AM
Thanks to all the people who have stayed at the Royal Kostas for all your very positive comments over the years,and for bothering to search around Polichrono in the first place,to find us.As to peoples worries over the barman,dont worry.But i would point out he is not Greek or Serbian as he likes to tell people.September is a lovely time to visit Halkidiki,because everything is much quiter,andmore easy paced.You should also bring alight jacket or cardigan for the evenings..
August 28, 2007 09:25AM
Thanks again Chris, You have really helped me and my partner Glynn look forward to going, Although have you seen the news at the moment the poor people over there with the forest fires, It is so auful. So i am now worried that our holiday will be cancelled and an alternative destination will be given, As you can see im one of the worlds biggest worries, HaHa. Just hope we manage to get to Halkidiki, as you have all made it sound fab. 6DAYS to go and counting.

Thanks Chris

Hope to speak soon!
August 28, 2007 06:56PM
Me and my boyfriend are going in 6days too!! So excited.
You flying from Luton?
And yeah it is awful about the fires, was worried they were in Halkidiki but don't think they are!
August 29, 2007 11:10AM
Hi There!
I am so scared, but my dads freind flew to Halkidiki Sat morning and says its fine there, appart from you can smell abit of smoke when on the beach, Not sure if thats true. The poor people that live there and are suffering in the areas that have been taken on by fires, My heart goes out to them all.

Do you think our hol will be cancelled.?

I fly from Manchester we fly monday, Do you fly monday i may c u there then!

Claire

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login