Villa Panorama Apartments

Posted by Paul 
Paul
May 01, 2003 03:44PM
Hi all,
My wife and 2 kids are stopping at the Villa Apartments for a week starting 5th May. This is our first visit to Polichrono so would love to hear any tips etc

What are the Villa Apartments like?
Are there ATM's nearby
Weather in May?
Cheap to eat?

Ta very much !
Cheryl
Re: Villa Panorama Apartments
May 08, 2003 05:28PM
I am going to the villa panorama a couple of days after you come back. What are they like and do you have any tips. I am going with my partner and 13 year old son.
Paul
May 12, 2003 05:13PM
Hi Cheryl....
I am just checking my email whilst unpacking so will have to be brief:
They have actually just opened up a web site : www.villapanoramahotel.gr
Check it out......I would love to give you a whole list of things to do/miss
etc but Im in a bit of a rush. I could give you more detailed information
tomorrow (tuesday). Let me know when you go and I will try to fill you in
before you go.
But we had a Fantastic time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so hot out their at the
moment
Take Care

Paul
Cheryl
May 12, 2003 07:26PM
Paul

Thankyou so much for replying. We leave early Wednesday morning, 6am flight so if you could reply tomorrow that would be great. I will check out the website as well. i am glad you had a good time and I am sure we will a well.

Thankyou once again

Cheryl
Paul
May 13, 2003 09:30AM
Have fun ! I'm sure you will. I ohpe the following helps:........

The Room/Centre
You get a fridge, hob for cooking, kettle, plates, cuttlery, pots & pans. Your balcony will probably overlook the pool & sea although a few overlook the hills. The Hotel is family run and they are all fantastic , they all work hard to look after you. Beer on site is cheap and they also sell some food (hot dogs, pizza, cake etc etc) The BBQ night is great 6 Euros a head for a plate full of Greek BBQ goodies.
The appartments are on the top of a hill which is no problem when heading down but can be a little hard work on the way up after a belly full of food and beer. We since found that you can ask a Taxi to get you to the top for 2 Euros which the rep will refund you for !!--we found out too late. But really, its NOT that bad.

Polihcrono:
Bars and restaurants are great, most places speak good English and a high proportion of tourists are from UK. Most Bars/ Restaurants are within a 10-15 minute walk. The Restaurants on the sea front are most expensive but nothing is over priced. Most night we ate on the sea front for a total of about 40 Euros (£30 pound), that was for 3 adults and a 4 year old and included drinks, starter and main meal. I recommend a place on one of the side streets off the Beach front called 'The George' . Its a little more basic but even cheaper than the sea front.
Heading to the bottom of the hill from the appartment is the main road that runs along the coast. Cross straight over this and you find a side road that takes you down to the Beach etc. The first shop on your left is a mini mart which sells just about anything you might need. There is an ATM outside. During the week this whole area is fairly quiet but does liven up at the weekends when the locals come out to play.
Be careful on the roads.....mopeds all over the place and the standard of driving is a little dodgy to say the least.
Taxis are dead cheap, and the staff at the appartments will order them for you. They will drop you off at your destination near another taxi rank so there are no worries about finding another one to get you back.
We went to Kalithea for about 7 Euros, Pefkohouri for 8 Euros. (Good shopping oin both areas if you like dodgy desoigner label stuff)..I bought a leather Timberland belt for about 3 pound.

Excursions: (the rep will tell you about these on your welcome meeting)
We only went on the 'Sunshine Cruise' which was a fantastic full day out. Basically you sail, go to a a golden beach, play beach games, BBQ and free cocktails for lunch. More sailing, diving off ship into the sea if you are brave enough. The captain is a complete nutter but a real laugh.....do it !
We missed the 'Greek Night' but everyone we talked to loved it...eat and drink as much as you can and then dance a lot....
We were tempted to go on the Athens trip but it is a little expensive although it does cover 2 days. People that went on it said it was great but the rep failed to mention it involves 9 hours on a coach.

Other stuff you need to know:
As a brief guide, take a third off the Euro price to give you an idea of the Pounds equivilant
The waste system is so small that you can not put loo roll in the toilet. You have to put it in a bin !
Tipping is not absolutely essential but 10 % is expected
Ask for a Tsiporou with your meal (pronounced Tipperoo)....its a traditional drink in the area; have it straight without ice
Most Restaurants serve you bread as a matter of course without asking and charge you for it a t the end (Its a Greek thing and its very very cheap so just accept it).
The transfer from the Airport to the Appartments is long......about 1 and a half hours ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.
Although its hot hot hot during the day, it can get surprisingly cool in the evening so if you are out, bring a light full sleeved top.

Have a great time, we will certainly consider going there again....tell your lad that in th bar area of the appartments they have a PS1, PS2, Xbox and Pool table.......

God I wish I could swap places with you......

Let me know how you get on. email us direct jedi.master@ntlworld.com

Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login