toilet (poo) issues!! lol

Posted by kateee 
July 17, 2007 11:52AM
Just heard that in greece you cant put tissue down the loo,
1st hol with boyf, the thought of having to poo with him around is bad enough, ha ha........but is it true, you cant get rid of all evidence down the pan. LOL
Re: toilet (poo) issues!! lol
July 17, 2007 12:54PM
Yes whatever you do don't put tissuse down the toilet otherwise your block the system, takes a bit of getting used to but the bins are emptied every day and they got a better rubbish collection than we have here, your find your be back home and still putting it in the bin (Its not as bad as it seems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Nic
July 17, 2007 06:17PM
You could always do what I did when I first came here (and still do if I'm out). After you've, erm....wiped, wrap it in some more toilet roll and make a little ball, then just pop it in the bin. No one's the wiser and no embarrassing tell tale signs.
Sorry if that's too much info...

Nic!
July 17, 2007 10:36PM
He he, many thnks every1.
I guess if i can talk about it freely with strangers i best get over it really!!
Cheers Nic, i kinda asked for it, with a topic like "pooing habits in greece"!!
Can you answer this one then??? How do you prevent splash back??? lol
Happy hols for me on the 26th july, yey cant wait
July 17, 2007 10:50PM
Scented nappy bags if you get really embarrassed,they're a godsend!!!
Hey putting toilet paper in the bin is nothing,just be grateful that all places have caught on to flushing loos at all,years ago nearly everywhere had cubicles but with no toilet.....just a hole in the ground & footplates either side(they still have a cubicle like this at the airport!!!!!!!!!!! & years ago one season i worked in Hanioti & my apartment had a loo that didn't flush so i had to throw a washing up bowl full of water down it to "flush".Sorry gone off on a bit of a bog rant haven't i??????????Where you going?I go on the 25th to Kriopigi so if i see anyone hovering round the loo bin looking a bit nervous i'll know it's you lol Happy hols!smiling smiley

smiling smiley
Nic
July 18, 2007 12:06AM
Splash back...that's a difficult one. No way round it I'm afraid, but don't let it spoil you holiday! Have good one....holiday that is!

Nic!
July 18, 2007 06:56AM
we are off to hanioti for a week. any one else over there?

Horray for flushing toilets then, also heard in some countries they dont even have toilet paper, HOW WRONG IS THAT!! or am i just bein too british and @#$%& !!

And nappy bags, great idea. thanks.
July 18, 2007 08:24AM
Kateee, you could always keep making excuses and pop off to the loos near the bar!
July 18, 2007 08:38AM
As said before, we always take scented nappy sacks! They are worth their weight in gold!!
July 20, 2007 08:15PM
Bidets are not just for washing your feet in you know!
July 22, 2007 04:52PM
Nappy Sacks are an absolute must, even in the handbag. I only ever come across them in packs of 500, so leave them (hopefully) for the next guests.

With regards to the hole in the floor, I think that is for the purposes of people of certain religions, not having to touch bodily areas as its unclean.

Another tip, those endless plastic carrier bags handed out at the supermarkets. If you are going to accept these, please please please fill them and seal them.

Empty plastic carrier bags getting into the sea are a killer to the turtles in the area. Turtles think them to be jellyfish, their main food source.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login