Map of Pefkohori, and places to go?

Posted by Lee & Gerri 
July 17, 2007 05:38PM
Does anyone know of a map on the internet of Pefkohori? We are visiting there next month and would like to get to know the area before we get there. Any help or tips on the place would also be gratefully received. Ideas on places to go and things to do would be great. Good and bad experiences with bars and restaurants would also help.

Many thanks….
Re: Map of Pefkohori, and places to go?
July 18, 2007 11:34AM
OK, here's some tourist blurb courtesy of Ioli village...

The beautiful peninsula of Kassandra is famous for having organized beaches that are set in lush forested areas. It is also the ideal destination for party goers since it offers all types of entertainment venues such as taverns, restaurants, bars, cafes and clubs, as well as a number of impressive historical and religious sites in the area.

Pefkohori, Kassandra Sites and Attractions
In Kassandra sightseers can visit some extraordinary archaeological and historical sites. During your stay in Pefkohori (Pefkochori), you should visit the Glarokavos Sea-lake and the Monastery of Agios Ioannis of Rossou, as well as the lake near Polychrono where the Testudinata Turtle lives.

Other sites worth visiting in the Kassandra peninsula are:
the sanctuary of Ammon Dias and the remains of the Paleo-Christian Basilica in Kallithea
the castle ruins and the channel in Nea Potidea
the Apostle Paul Tower in Nea Fokea
the Stavronikitas Tower in Sani
the ruins of the ancient city in Polygyros
the ruins of the Sanctuary of Poseidon in Posidi
the windmill in Kassandria
the ancient site of Mendi in Kalandra

Kassandra Beaches
Kassandra has many stunning beaches along the coastline. In the region of Pefkohori (Pefkochori), you can swim at the beaches around the settlement and at the beaches of Alonaki, Chaniotis, Chrousou , Chryssi Akti, Polychrono and Xyna.

Visitors can also go to the beaches of Fourka, Kallithea, Kryopigi, Nea Fokea, Nea Poteidea, Nea Skioni, Polygyros, Possidi, Siviri and Sani.

That's the blurb...
Hanioti (up the road a couple of miles) is a bit livelier and the Central Cafe there is good for breakfast (a good walk to work up an appetite first). In Pefkohori, find the old square - Paul's place and the greek taverna opposite are good, and on the sea front there's a place called Tsapari at the south end which is good. But it's hard to find anywhere bad. At the very south end past Tsapari there's a health place - my Mrs raved about the facial and massage she had there last year and I'm sure she'll be demanding one again this time.

Also there's a couple of markets - Kassandria (tues I think) and Nea Moudania (Wed I think) if you've got a car. Nea Mou is apparently the bigger - but we haven't actually got round to going to them yet! If you go up to Kriopigi the Sweet Coffee Shop is a must, it will seriously ruin your waistline but who cares...

There's an extremely basic map available from
[users.otenet.gr] but I wouldn't worry much. The beach is one straight line, the main road is another one running parallel about a hundred yards inland, and various roads run at right angles between the two. To find the old square, got to the roundabout, turn inland and follow the road right at the top. The ATM is at the Aegean garage by the roundabout. There's supermarkets all over the place (two big ones at the top end of town), NoNos if clubs are your thing is at the top end of town by Massoutis - the red supermarket, the post office is by the roundabout.

That's about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login