Another Day, Another Sunset

Posted by Nic 
Nic
July 05, 2007 07:28PM
Another Day...Another Sunset uploaded to the gallery. This one taken tonight from Nea Potidea.
If you get bored of looking at sunsets, let me know and I'll stop....

Nic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2007 07:30PM by Nic.
Re: Another Day, Another Sunset
July 05, 2007 09:18PM
hi nic,
another great pic, nice of you to remind us over here what the sun looks like, we havent seen much recently!!!! LOL

mandy xx
July 06, 2007 11:00AM
fantastic photos!

where do u think we can find the best sea/beach in halkidiki?
Nic
July 06, 2007 03:51PM
Hi,
Thanks for your comments on the pics!
Best beach and sea...well there's one question with many answers. I think it's all down to personal choice. Whether you like busy beaches, sunbeds and a short walk from your hotel or if like me you don't mind a bit of a drive and prefer uncrowded beaches and aren't that bothered about sunbeds etc. I don't really like crowded beaches, they're too much like a car park for me.
So, where are they?
The beaches of Pefkohori, Polychrono, Hanioti you can find the info from other users on here. It's the rest of the beaches for which there are lots but never get mentioned where I might be able to help.
The other coast of Kassandra has some very nice beaches and is also the place to be to catch the amazing sunsets. Posidi has a nice beach and further up the road there is the long beach ot Fourka which is also nice (as I'm sure Jeff will tell you). There's also a nice beach at Siviri a bit further up.
Back across to the other coast, Afitos has a nice long wide beach, snorkelling there is good beacuse of the rocks. Further up, Nea Fokea there's a small beach. Nea Potidea has a long and wide sandy beach which is nice. Moving round off the Kassandra peninsula towards Sithonia you'll find Kalives beach, a very long sandy beach (see picture just posted in the gallery from today). I go there nearly everyday as it's only 10 minutes from where I live.
Moving on, now this is where I personally think the best beaches are, Sithonia. If you like wild rugged landscapes, uncrowded beaches and some of the clearest sea in Greece, Sithonia is the place. The beaches around Ormos Panagios are really nice, long and wide. Vourvourou has some excellent beaches. On the left as you head towards Vourvourou you'll find Livari beach, lovely warm shallow water and never very busy, I go there most weekends when everywhere else is busy. Vourvourou itself has Karidi beach, set in a small bay it has soft white sand and very clear sea.
As you move down the coast you find lots of other secluded beaches, a must is Kavouratripes, quite hard to find but well worth it when you do, although it gets busy at weekends, especially in August.
Sarti has an excellent beach, very long and usually not that busy. Further round is Kalamitsi, a fine beach set in a secluded bay. You'll see lots more smaller beaches on your way round the coast road. The beaches around Elia are amazing, soft sand on most and sea as clear as anything.
So, there you have it...my beach guide for what it's worth. As you can see my personal favorite area is Sithonia, but that's only my opinion. Best thing to do is get out and discover!

Hope this helps

Nic!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login