Hanioti - Report

Hanioti - Report

Posted by Nicc 
Hanioti - Report
June 11, 2007 10:20PM
Just spent a week down in Hanioti, my family were over here visiting.
They stopped at the Renaissance Resort Hotel. My girlfriend and I also stopped there for a couple of nights with them and have to say it's an excellent hotel. Staff are very friendly and the hotel is superb!
Living here, I've been to Hanioti loads of times but never actually stayed there. One place I must mention in The Beer House. The owner is very nice and knows everything you need to know and more about German beer and the food is excellent!!! We bumped into the owner again on Saturday night and was out with him 'till 5.30am....after which I managed to get a shot of a lovely sunsrise from the beach (posted in the gallery). Central Cafe does nice breakfasts, there's also a place on the road down to the beach that does really nice steaks!!!
Nightlife seems to die off around 2am...although you can drink 'till about 6am in the Long Island cocktail bar in the square. Bars seem to be open as long as it's busy...if not, they'll shut. We were in Polychrono on Saturday night at the Down Under bar and got back into Hanioti about 3am and it was dead...lucky we bumped into the owner of The Beer House!
My brother hired a Jet Ski out...had fun on that, cost 30 euros for 15 minutes!
His girlfriend and him wanted to hire out a quad for the day, but even though he went about 9:30am they'd all been pre-booked so we ended up hiring out 2 little buggy things (picture posted in the gallery) from Macedonia Rent A Car in Polychrono. 60 euros for a day...lots of fun, but be warned, the guy there is a bit miserable and we made the mistake of not checking the vehicles ourselves before taking them...my brothers buggy was jerking all the way back to Hanioti...so he took it back and it was the spark plugs...mine ran out of petrol as I crossed the main road into Hanioti. Also, my brothers buggy had a loose mudflap and when I looked at it the bracket holding it on was rusty and looked liked it had been broken before...inevitably, it fell off on the road up through the mountain to Skioni...when we took them back, the guy said we'd broken it and tried to keep the 300 euro deposit. Only after a few words (in Greek) from my girlfriend did he back down and admit that the previous customer had broken it and he had glued it back on! I wouldn't hire from there again...and will ALWAYS check the vehicle before taking one next time!
All in all they've had a good holiday, even with 2 days of rain! One a complete washout when we decided to take them to the Mediterranean Cosmos shopping center on the way to Thessaloniki!
The day after the heavy rain, took them to Afitos where I got a picture of the storm after it had passed (picture posted in the gallery).
So, there you have it...my experience. If anyone wants to know any more...I'll be happy to help if I can.

Thanks,

Nic!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2007 08:45AM by Nikos.
Re: Hanioti - Report
June 12, 2007 09:08AM
Hi, im actually staying in hanioti with my boyfriend from the 12th july for 2 weeks. The places you mention where you went out at night until the early hours, are they actually in hanioti? Its just me and my boyfriend are only 19 and 21 so we want to be going out til quite late every night, just wondered if there was any clubs or good lively bars in hanioti itself or will we have to travel further a field? Thanks
June 12, 2007 10:03PM
yasou nic

hows Harry (down Under) and his lovely wife and his bulldog

was at harrys place 2 weeks ago luckily he was there but not yet opened

no wonder i never saw you in Fourka as you seemed busy lol

I was soooooooooo sorry to see the devistation in the mountains with the fire

but at least where my wifes grave is the tree has started to sprout greenary again unlike all the trees around it.

but the terrapins in the lake are still alive .

yamas Jeff
Nic
June 12, 2007 10:32PM
Hi,

The places I mentioned are all in Hanioti, apart from Down Under which is in Polychrono which is the next village 5 k's away (its a Rock bar). All the bars in Hanioti are lively but it does seem to die off around 2am, I think people head back to their hotels...if it's late night clubs you want, then Kallithea is the place to go, about 15 minutes drive (or 5 minutes in crazy taxi, which can be fun!!!)

Hope this helps,

Nic!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login