Kriopigi : Laundry and Meteora

Posted by Rob 
Rob
June 03, 2007 08:14PM
Hi everyone.

We are staying at the Alkion in Kriopigi in August. Really looking forward to it.

This may seen a bit of a boring question but does anyone know if there are any laundry facilities in the area. Either a launderette or a hotel / apartment complex with a washer that you can use.

Also, we have hired a car whilst we are there and I would like to visit the monasteries at Meteora. We know its quite a way. Any one been? Is it worth the trip? How long did it take?

Cheers,

Rob.
Re: Kriopigi : Laundry and Meteora
June 08, 2007 10:19AM
Hi Rob

Not to sure about the Laundry but would def reccommend Meteroa. I was fortunate enough to go a few years ago as I worked there, went on a coach and took about 5 hours, as far as I can remember, be a bit quicker in a car. Personally I thought it was stunning and would say it was def worth a visit. You can go in the some of the monastries and the views are spectacular but the actual vision of the rocks themselves are amazing, my personal opinion but I loved it.

Hope you enjoy, take it easy on the roads.

Claire xx
June 08, 2007 03:09PM
There is a laundry for definite in Kallithea, about a ten minute taxi ride away. I don't think there is one in Kriopigi, certainly didnt see one when we went in March.

We are driving over In August to our rental home. Hope we may see you in the Sweet Coffee Shop run by our friends Morfy and Sakis. Crepes to die for, sweet and savoury, buffalo beefburgers, sandwiches, coffees, drinks, specialty teas, ice creams. And they are really friendly.

Try the Casablanca bar too, Debs and Tony. They will make you feel welcome if you just fancy a drink and chat. They also have big screen for football etc.

Have a great time.

Jane and Martyn
June 08, 2007 04:26PM
Hi Rod !!
The laundry in Kalithea is not open yet.
There are two laundries in Kassandria less than 7 km KRIOPIGI, one just by the traffic lights turning in to Kassandria and the other one near Kasandria High School. Both good and not expensive either They only problem, they don’t speak English but if necessary you always can find someone who does.You can leave your clothes there and have them ready the next day.

Going to Meteora it’s a long drive, as you have to drive something like under 380 km each way.
You see the direct coaches to Meteora leaving Kassandra as Early as possible (about 5.30 to 6.00 am) and they are at Kalambaka – Meteora at 13.00 pm. Alter they have a meal they visiting 2 monasteries for 1and a half hour and they start their journey back, getting to Kassandra about 22.00 – 23.00 pm.
May is a good idea to stay there for the night and to enjoy the spectacular views and a fantastic sunset too!!
Hope that helps.
Sakis, from the 'Akropolis' Restaurant and 'Kriopigi Cars' Rent A Car, in Kriopigi. www.kriopigi.net

Rob
June 10, 2007 07:30PM
Thanks for the replies. They are really helpful.

I've just posted another question on the forum.

Perhaps you can help with that one too Sakis? (We've already booked a Fiat Punto Grande with you in August by the way).

Rob.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login