Simanto Beach Hotel, Sani Resort

Posted by hoopsy 
June 09, 2007 02:32PM
We have booked to go to Simantro Beach in June 2008 with three other families (15 of us in total) ages range from 1yr - 38yrs , Has anyone stayed there recently?
This is the first year first choice have featured this hotel, so I have'nt managed to find out very much about it.But it certainly looks lovely in the pictures.
I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has stayed at or knows of this hotel. Many Thanks.
Re: Simanto Beach Hotel, Sani Resort
June 09, 2007 05:33PM
Hi, never stayed there but do know where it is as we love to go around that area to find little bays and to go to Sani. It is in a lovely location, if somewhat isolated. You do not have any villages or anything nearby so you will need a car if you want to eat out and look at other places.

We did go down to their beach late one year we were staying there and found some lovely shells and liked the look of the beach.

If you don't mind being isolated and away from any taverna, bars etc you will be fine.
Re: Simanto Beach Hotel, Sani Resort
June 09, 2007 05:51PM
Here is some real reviwes from people who stayed there. !!
Some good some .hhhmmmm ones.

1)
Halkidiki: Simantro Beach Hotel: "Never Again"
My age: 25-34

My visit was for: Romantic getaway
I booked one night AI here as I had been away working in Thessaloniki and my boyfriend came to visit. We decided to head up to Halkidiki to visit some beaches and I booked this hotel as a romantic getaway. I paid for a double room which when we checked in was twin beds despite the reservation stating a double. the staff didn't speak very good english and werent at all helpful about changing the rooms which were also very dated and smelt very musty and unaired. everyone else there was german and the staff were not overly friendly.
the food in the restaurants was awful, everything covered in loads of sauce and laid out for hours, all the olives were dry and wrinkly and not appetising at all, i survived on bread and potatoes. the complex itself reminded me of the film the shining and as one other person said, there are nesting birds everywhere including above the main light fixture in reception, which has clearly never been cleaned. the other thing that was extremely annoying was you have to pay 2 euros plus 10 eur deposit to hire towels for the beach, despite being AI and when we got down to the beach the towel attendant was nowhere to be found (it was actually closed between 12-4) so we never got a towel.
i wouldn't visit this place again, or recommend to anyone as i thought it was awful and a complete waste of money and effort getting there.
Liked: nothing
Disliked: everything

2)
Halkidiki: Simantro Beach Hotel: "Very good Quality/Price ratio. We liked it."
SabrinaMilano, Zürich Aug 16, 2006
We are an Italian couple with a 3 years old daughter. Thanks to the review I read here, we were prepared to find only Germans, but for us was not a big deal. I speak a bit of German and after checking in Internet and through travel agents we agreed that this was the best price offer for the offered service and quality. We spent there the 3rd week of July and we can confirm our thoughts. The hotel structure is pleasant (as a village), the beach is sandy (really fine sand ideal for kids to play with), the water is clean, warm and you can walk for 50 m inside always touching (also this is very good for kids). The food was fresh, varied and abundant (even my fussy kid had no problem to find always something to eat), so overall I would say good (and I am Italian........). The staff was kind and efficient. The rooms are just basic (we were in the main building in front of the pool at the groundfloor); don't expect a 4 stars type of furnish (more camping style), but are big, the wardrobe is plenty of room, the bathroom is also big and there is everything you need (bring from home the hairdrayer if you need one) even if not fantastic good looking ! If you can choose, maybe is better if you ask for a room at the 1st floor, you don't have the veranda, but only a balcony, but at least the room is not humid !
The resort is quite isolated, so if you plan not to spend all your time inside, is better you hire a car (we took it at the airport and kept if for the whole period, so we could also go to other beaches). The evening shows, the games during the day, the kids amination are all held in German. The staff speaks also English, but if you want to use the miniclub (from 4 years old), your kids have really to speak german ! The guests were 1/2 Greek and 1/2 German, but even the Greek in their own country were feeling abroad !!
Liked: food
Disliked: sandy beach

3)
Halkidiki: Simantro Beach Hotel: "Information you shoud know before booking"
Thessaloniki, Greece Sep 7, 2005
Myself and my Family stayed here in August 2006. We had requested through our travel agent a room with a seperate bedroom. This on arrival was not available. we complained to the reception staff and were told that at the moment they did not have one. We asked the following day and were told again that they would look into it, I also told them I would pay if any extra was needed. They said they would contact us if one became available, this never materialised and they never contacted us again. During the stay everything was in german, this was not told to me during the booking of this holiday. Neither my Children nor my Wife speak German. My Wife is fluent in Greek, but all activities are conducted in German. Even the childrens club is in German, therefore my children could not partake in any activity, except painting a t-shirt. Even though we were on an All Inclusive Holiday we had to pay approx 40 Euro for 2 t-shirts for my children to paint. We thought that we would join in with Bingo at the beach bar but upon our arrival we found all commentary to be in German, even if it was in Greek, my Wife could have interpreted. This hotel should inform everyone on all brochures and advertisment that it is a hotel suited only to German tourists, as all dialogue is in German. Saying that, if you are German it seemed to be a very good hotel. DO NOT GO IF YOU DO NOT SPEAK GERMAN

4)
Halkidiki: Simantro Beach Hotel: "Set in Beautiful surroundings"
Derbyshire, England Jul 22, 2005

Set in beautiful, well maintained gardens and a stones throw from the beach the Simantro Beach Hotel was a delightful place to spend two weeks holiday.
The clientelle is mainly German {there were only one other English couple and toddler there when we stayed} and the Active Team are also German but this didn't pose too much of a problem. The staff were courteous and spoke good English, in fact, nothing seemed too much trouble for them ~ because there were so few English vistors we Brits seemed to be something of a novelty and got 1st class treatment throughout.
The complex is large with a different site for the ampi-theatre, football pitches and tennis courts but there was a courtesy bus if you didn't feel like walking up the hill to get to the shows held in the theatre. The Active Team really do want you to join in with their many activities but because the lingo is all German it is sometimes difficult to take part. Saying that, many of the shows are British based i.e. Songs from the Musicals, Grease, Saturday Night Fever . Entertainment was varied and open to all ages.
The food was excellent, plentiful, with plenty of variety and their 'themed nights' were diverse and well thought out. {Look out for the Hotel Managers speciality, Greek Do-nuts or as we know them freshly baked profiteroles ~ wonderful}
The rooms were basic but clean, beware if you are not a bird lover as most rooms have nesting birds on their balcomies.
The complex is pretty much off the beaten track with no bars or restaraunts nearby which could make you feel a little 'marooned' but if you want the easy relaxing life the Simantro has all you need. They run a bus to Karinthea almost daily and also to the Kassandra Market so there is a chance to explore a little or you could easily hire a car from reception desk.
The AI deal was well worth the money, the drinks were plentiful with many cocktails or shots given free just so you could try them. The two main bars were very seldom really busy and waiting time was virtually nil - exceptional service by the bar staff took care of that.
We had tried to go out of the English childrens holidays but German and Greek kids were there in their crowds which if you want a quiet relaxing time can be annoying. {Maybe next year we'll go for an adult only holiday}! If you want to swim a few lengths of the pool you certainly had to pick your moment, however, it was only high holiday spirits there was no rudeness or disrespect at any time.
All in all a good holiday. Well done Simantro Beach

Hope that helps !!
Sakis
From 'Kriopigi cars' rent a car www.kriopigi.net

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login