Info Needed

Info Needed

Posted by Sarah L 
Info Needed
May 29, 2007 10:58AM

Hiya

I just need a little bit of information - My husband is allergic to nuts and i'm hoping we don't need to test the medical services out but just in case could you please tell me where the nearest medical centre is to Hanioti and also the nearest hospital. What is the emergency number or is it 999 like the UK

Any info would be grately appreciated

Thanks
Sarah
Re: Info Needed
May 29, 2007 02:19PM
Hi Sarah
The nearest medical centre,is in Kassandria,16 km away from Hanioti.( 15 min drive on normal days, 1/2 hour on wekends )
Nearest hospital in Poligiros,Halkidiki's Capital 74 km away from Hanioti. .( 45 min drive on normal days 1 hour and 15 min on wekends )
Emergency number is 166 any telephone!!
I hope that helps.

PS
He should not have the greek sweets BAKLAVA or KATAIFI !!!
May 29, 2007 02:44PM

Hi Sakis

Thanks you for that information and about the sweets we will avoid them. He is normally very careful anyway it is really just in extreme circumstances but I need to know because if he does have a reaction he needs medical help immediately so I will just call for an ambulance now I have the number.

Thanks again
Sarah

May 29, 2007 04:14PM
Hi Sarah, as someone who went into Poligiros hospital when we lived over there previously, I would suggest you head straight for Thessaloniki. I was moved to Thessaloniki after a week and the difference was tremendous. Also there is now a new hospital near the airport. private, but it doesnt cost that much apparently and it would be where I would head to in future.

Nothing against Poligiros about the treatment, they found out what the hospital in the UK had misdiagnosed for two years, but the cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. The Medical Centre in Kassandria sent us there by the way!

The hospital I was in was Ippokrateio and it was marvellous. I did have to pay something, I think it was about £50 for the week, so not excessive.

Anyway, that is just the view point of someone who has had to rush into hospital and I am so glad my landlord of the house we rented got me moved to Thessaloniki hospital.

We are going over again this year for three years, and my first choice will be the new hospital, or secondly the Ippokrateio.

Also the road to Poligiros can be a bit torturous and windy, although it has been improved. It will be just a quick to get to Thessaloniki.

Anyway, heres hoping you don't need to go to hospital. Just avoid the sweets!

Jane

Hope this helps.

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login