hotel odysseas, polichrono

Posted by galacticos 
March 26, 2007 07:26PM
Hi,
we are due to fly out to halkidiki on 7th June 07 and are staying at the hotel odysseas in polichrono. Anyone been there recently who can tell us what it is like and give us any recommendations of thing to do and places to go while we are there. (we won't be hiring a car)
Also any good places to eat and drink.
Thanks in advance
Jeanette and Andy.
Re: hotel odysseas, polichrono
March 26, 2007 10:44PM
hi

cant say about odysseas butttttttt

can tell you where to eat / drink and where to go.

Eat
Billys taverna in main street leading to beach from supermarket and cafe next door to billys do great Gyros (meat Kebabs) and Saviory pancakes

coffee shop across from supermarket and next to police station for coffee and CREAM CAKES lol

Ociana taverna on sea front about half way down seafront

drinks
Down - Under bar (say hi to HARRY) its at far end of seafront
most bars have music some loud some sort of background
theres a BRIT bar across from billys (the Lion i think )

the German bar gets very busy at night

Bus stop is on main road but Taxi is quicker and cheap with nice clean comfortable cars u can get taxi near tobacco stall nr supermarket.

try the back street for clothes pharmacy and bike hire.

beach is narrow but clean and shingley (fine) seas clear u can see fish swimming between your legs and on a clear day you can see Mount Athos.

try Hanioti 10 mins by taxi
Kalithea 1/2 hour
kassandra 45 mins.

enjoy cos polichrono is a nice resort
im in Fourka across the other side of mountains in may .

jeff
tell Harry im the biker guy from UK he will remember me if not say he was with the scottish lady

thnks

yamas
JEFF
March 27, 2007 08:12AM
Sorry to but in here on your thread Jeanette and Andy, but we're going to Polichrono for the 1st time in July, and would just like to say thanks to Jeff for the recommendations.

Trev, Kim & Chris
April 03, 2007 04:41PM
Hi Jeff,

thanks for the advice and recommendations. Am hoping that more people will reply as we have very little info on this hotel so ANYONE who kas been there PLEEAASSE post a message for us.
Thanks again Jeff.
Jen and Andy.
April 03, 2007 05:18PM
hi jen and andy.

sorry but looks like info on hotel is not available .......see below

not ranked in TripAdvisor's popularity index
Odysseas Hotel, Kassandra, Halkidiki
Polychrono
Greece

April 04, 2007 03:51PM
I found a couple of reviews from last year - looks like you've made a good choice -

By graham1501 from Worcestershire UK on 10th Sep 2006

graham1501's Ratings Date of stay June 2006
Board Basis Bed & breakfast
Tour Operator Not supplied
Accommodation 10/10
Customer Service 10/10
Food 10/10
Resort 10/10
Location 10/10
Value for money 10/10
Overall value 10/10
graham1501's recommendation

Good Points
Everyone was very helpful and friendly.
Very clean and well maintained.
Good selection of food for breakfast.
Close to beach and tavernas.
Very nice area of Greece, with lots of places to visit.

Bad Points
We had to come home!!!

General Comments
Hotel Odysseas in Polychrono, Halkidiki is an excellent hotel. There was a really friendly atmosphere, and we were made to feel very welcome. Rooms are good and very clean. Nice pool bar for a cold drink in the early evening. The owner will give you details of many local places to visit. It's the kind of hotel and resort that you relax in very quickly, so you can enjoy a full holiday. Polichrono is ideal for the quiet family holiday. It has a safe, child friendly beach.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By owls2009 from Birmingham on 10th Sep 2006

owls2009's Ratings Date of stay May 2006
Board Basis Bed & breakfast
Tour Operator Private
Accommodation 9/10
Customer Service 10/10
Food 9/10
Resort 9/10
Location 10/10
Value for money 10/10
Overall value 10/10
owls2009's recommendation

Good Points
Very nice people at hotel
Clean and nice rooms
Ideal for a quiet relaxing holiday
Nice beach, close to hotel, short 3 minute walk
Nice tavernas not far away

Bad Points
We had bad weather during parts of the day for a few days. Not the hotels fault!

General Comments
Hotel Odysseas in Halkidiki is in a very nice quiet area of Greece, with beautiful scenery. Everybody from shop keepers to bar keepers were really friendly. We had a nice relaxing holiday. We would recommend this hotel and the area to anyone. We will go again next year.

April 04, 2007 04:56PM
Hi Saintscouple,
thanks for that, we had found a few reviews but nothing recent, and by that i mean in the last 3 years. Looks promising!!!!
I can't wait for this holiday. Andy has been to Halkidiki before but many moons ago,(he was 15 at the time and is now approaching 30 lol) I've never been but am really looking forward to it, it has rave reviews on here and everyone seems to return there time and time again.
Will keep eyes open for other posts about the place. Thanks for looking for us.
Hope you have great hols when you return.
Jen and Andy.
April 05, 2007 08:52PM
Hi,

I lived in Polichrono for a while and the place is lovely. The people are so friendly and its a great place to chill out if you are looking for a nice relaxing Hol.

The cockney cafe is a good place to go if you can't leave the English food at home for week!!. The family are lovely (Hi Lil Jon and Marilyn:-0). Viva was my fave resteraunt (on the front).

I'm dead jealous of all you people going there for your Hols. I must go back for a visit soon!!

Sim :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login