Best restaurants in Hanioti.

Posted by Sally & Ben 
Sally & Ben
August 31, 2006 04:49PM
Hi,

Am so looking forward to going to hanioti, can anyone give a top 10 list of the best restaurants in Hanioti. We like traditional Greek rather than English food abroad.

Thanks.
lin
Re: Best restaurants in Hanioti.
August 31, 2006 05:43PM
Hi Sally and Ben

I have never had a bad meal whilst in Hanioti, they are all lovely.

Zorba's, Tropicana, are traditional Greek traditional.

There is a restaurant which is oppisite Tropicana well slighty further down the road it begins with a X and thetraditional greek dishes are fantastic
August 31, 2006 06:04PM
Hi - I must agree Zorba,s is very traditional - I feel some of the more central are a let down lesse summertime given they are top price ! through the day Kostas fast food is cheap - good value - chicken kebab with chips and a greek salad is known as a " full plate" on his menu board and is about 4 euro - his large bottles of amstel were under 1 euro in may. cheap and cheerfull.
there is also a nice place on a corner near Wakkiki bar and pegasus hotel - it has statues in garden on is a tall bird. Full breakfast at Central Cafe right on the square is good value - tea or coffee plus orangejuice - full english with toast fro 5.5 euro - the owners are Greek (our friends)and very accomodating. I Know you want Greek but the Maharaja Indian is excellent and I hear the indian guys who run it were super help to tourists and locals when the fires were near.
At indian a plate for two of mixed starters - tandoori chicken - onion bagies - sheesh kebab etc is 6euro ! a chapati is 1 euro. If you see Kokaretsi on a Greek menu give it a try - not always available - Greek haggis - offal wrapped in layers of intestines and roasted - the intestine come out like layers of filo pastry . It was good and very traditional. have a great time steve
August 31, 2006 06:22PM

For a good cheap meal, try Pirates near the church. Basic but good. Pork Souvlaki, Greek salad doused in olive oil and lemon, and bread to mop up the juice mmmmmmmmmmmm wish I was there.
Aimey
August 31, 2006 08:22PM
We were in Hanioti just over a month ago & I have to agree with Lin, we did not have one bad meal the whole time we were there.

I have to say my favourite was the fish restaurant by the church & facing the beach - not quite sure of it's name sorry!! but the fresh fish was absolutley out of this world - you even get to see which one you want before they cook it - Pascal "the worst waiter in town" is a scream too!!

Also the Steak restaurant just off the main square is delicious too ( Although none of our party ate steak, all greek traditional & the Kleftiko was gorgeous)

So sooo jealous of you guys - we have to wait till next June till we go back!!

Have a great time!
Sally & Ben
September 01, 2006 03:33PM
Thanks everyone I am even more excited now. The Fish restaurant sounds lovely, will try and visit all of the above mentioned.

Thanks.
September 01, 2006 06:00PM

Try any of the cake shop bakery places, greeks do the best cakes and pastries
Else
September 02, 2006 09:32AM
Try aswell Mediterranean Restaurant from the square to the pharmacy on the right sight with his traditional and international kitchen. The Garden on the road to the church, only greek food and Faros across the bakery for fresh fish!!
October 19, 2006 11:00AM
my personal favourires are zorbas and eirados [for traditional greek food] other restaurants that took my fancy are : stones restaurant :amethostis :tazmahal....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login