Vicky apartments, Hanioti

Posted by Mark S 
Mark S
January 17, 2004 01:06PM
Hi all, Myself and my girlfriend are going to the Vicky Apartments in July. Can anyone give any info on what they are like and where they are located? - I can't seem to find a map of Hanioti itself anywhere (just Kasandra maps). Also - if someone can give some info on good bars etc it would be much appreciated! cheers!
Rosemary
Re: Vicky apartments, Hanioti
January 17, 2004 05:24PM
If my memory serves me well, they are situated in the small road behind the Dionysis, although I'm sure Amanda will correct me if I'm mistaken. All the bars previously mentioned in other threads apply to your question on good ones.
amanda
January 19, 2004 04:06PM
Mark - lovely appartments! Very small and family run but we know people who book and only stay there - year in year out!

You are right on location Rosemary - just behind Dionysos - not far from everything.

So you have restaurants and bar galore nearby!! What more could you want??!!!!
Mark S
January 19, 2004 07:28PM
Hi Rsemary and Amanda

Thanks for the replies - we're just counting the days now - can't wait!!

I've seen a few photos since and it looks like a beautiful place
Natasha
February 10, 2004 07:44PM
Hiya!

Just to let you know that these are the best apartments in the whole of hanioti! We have been there every year for the past two years, we also stayed in the apartments both times! First thing is that the owners are greek and australian. They will help you out as much as you can. The apartments are situated behind dionysos. All around vicky are supermarkets, taverna's and of course the beach! However don't make the mistake we made... which is keep walking around and thinking that there are only two supermarkets and three taverna's! There is actually about 100 taverna's and bars! Just ask the owners they will tell you how you get to the 'hanioti square' i think about a 2minute walk- if that!

The only thing i didn't like was the size of the pool! Not very big at all. I recommened you go to the beach which is about a 7 minute walk! However BEWARE!when walking back from the beach it is really hot! So pop into 'erodios' or 'Nick's bar' for a thirst quenching drink!- not expensive either! When you get to the beach, there is a big hut-type bar, don't order from there very expensive. However they do provide sunbeds on the beach so the only way you can use the sunbeds is if you buy a drink from them! Don't buy coke- 8euros for ice! Buy bottles of water only 1 euro!

If you want a recommendation for taverna's then you must try 'erodios', 'tropicana'; 'pasta plaza' and a taverna with blue table clothes looking over the sea! This place won't disappoint you! Vicky is situated perfectly! Not too near to the square, so you do get to sleep at night, and perfectly near to everthing that you need- it certainly isn't in the back of beyond!
Nigel
March 05, 2004 06:18PM
Hiya,

Just to confirm that these are the best apartments in the whole of Hanioti.
We have been going to the Vicky for 10 years and we will be there in August for our 11th time.

The owners of the apartments are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Michael, Leo, Audrey and Pat will help make your holiday one of the best ever.

Say hello to them from me!!

I can confirm that the Old Tavern serves excellent food and the best Pukka Pies in Greece! Oh the breakfasts are not bad either. Mind you the majority of tavernas in Hanioti are excellent.

The beach is good and I recommend the "Prime Bar" which is above Milos supermarket for a nice relaxing "Mythos"

Polichrono is also very nice and if you want a meal go to "Viva" it's right on the sea front. A top taverna.

Hope you have a good holiday.

Need any info just get in touch.
rosemary
March 05, 2004 06:32PM
What's a Pukka pie?
Nigel
March 09, 2004 04:24PM
when u go 2 The Vicky will somebody have a mythos 4 me so i feel relaxed

Nigel
amanda
March 11, 2004 12:28PM
I'll have a Mythos right now for you if you like!!
Mark S
April 18, 2004 12:10PM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments, it sounds like it's going to be the perfect holiday! - only 12 weeks to go, but who's counting!

I could quite fancy a nice Mythos right now, in a frosted glass with the sun beating down - what could be better eh?!

Does anyone know where I could find any photos of the Vicky or Hanioti?, I did have a few, but had a bit off an incident with the PC and lost them!

thanks again

ps, when do you go Nigel, we go out on 21st July for 2 weeks so may be there if you're going early August?

Mark
Nicola
Re: hanioti
May 03, 2004 12:32AM
Hello anyone who is reading this i am going to hanioti in sept with my fiance, would like some information on the lesse apartments if anyone has seen them or has stayed there please reply.

Many thanks nicola :O)
gary
May 04, 2004 01:39PM
hi

when in July,we are also staying at the Vicky apts for the ninth time
MarkS
May 05, 2004 05:48PM
We are flying out on 21st July. Seems like ages doesn't it!
gary
May 06, 2004 12:00PM
we are flying out on the 12th july
Juliet
March 21, 2006 08:49AM
If you want a look at the Vicky and the surrounding area go to:
[www.seeyourholiday.com]

elena
i am looking for summer job-Hanioti
March 27, 2006 06:27PM
Does someone knows ony contact for summerjob at Hanioti, I plan to work there from may till august!
I am 24y. old girl-FYROM, student, I talk english fluent and write well too.,
I want to work in hottels or taverna!
Regards,
Slaki
April 05, 2006 03:19PM
Hello to everybody,

Does someone know for phone number of fax from Vicky apartments, i am so interested to go.

Thanks!

Slaki
froggo
May 14, 2006 07:52PM
Hi, These are apartments are run by friendly people. They were not cleaned regularly and the bed sheets smelt. Also they do not have air conditioning and it is very difficult to sleep in the heat, the noisy fan supplied does not cover the all the beds. The pool was fine however all the children got ear infections so take antiobiotics with you incase. We did enjoy our holiday in Hanioti but feel these apartments were overpriced for what you get.
Juliet
May 15, 2006 11:25AM
Froggo,

I've very suprised by your comments as our room was cleaned well and definately did not smell, granted there is no air con but you can tell that from the brochure. I went last year and am going back in June. To those who are going this year don't let the above comment worry you.
May 15, 2006 08:29PM
WE GO EVERY YEAR AND I THNK YOU'LL FIND THE APARTMENTS ARE FAB
WHAT WERE U EXPECTING A 5 * HOTEL
IF U WERE UP WHEN THE ROOMS WERE GETTING CLEANED THEN YOUR ROOM WOULD BE CLEAN BUT THE OWNERS CANT WAIT FOR YOU ALL DAY GETTING OUT OF BED
YOU CAN GET EAR INFECTIONS ANYWHERE
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ALL FANS ARE NOISY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login