Naias Apartments and Wedding - Highly recommended.

Posted by john 
September 09, 2006 10:55AM
We have just come back from 2 weeks at the Naiais apartments in Hanioti and have had the most wonderful holiday and wedding out there. Considering the worries we had about taking our two children (6 and 8) out there after the fires it was amazing how they had cleaned the place up and made us feel so welcome.
For those that have never been let me describe this fantastic hotel to you. It is a 2 minute walk into Hanioti centre. There are 2 lovely clean pools (cleaned every morning ) a childrens play area a fantastic bar (Alex and Leo are fantastic, Roxanne and Maria the waitresses are lovely) and then direct access to the beach. There are no roads to cross, this hotel is right on the beach and makes it a fabulous safe location for the children. We had a lovely clean apartment which was cleaned 6 days a week with fresh towels and sheets. The cleaning ladies are lovely and on the day of our wedding we came back to flowers and the towels arranged on our bed shaped like swans. (lovely touch). The receptionists Zoe and her counterpart were so friendly and great with the children. For example my sister rang reception to organise a delivery of flowers from the UK and the receptionist said straight away - "Oh I know John and Claire, they have two lovely children Molly and Charlie, of course I will deliver them personally". Which hotel in the UK would you get that kind service from?????
Also the other people staing at the hotel were lovely and we made some good friends (Thanks Sam, Darren, Gail, Kev, Vicky, Russ, Holly, Georgia and Ellie........). It seems to attract really nice people.
I also highly recommend getting mariied out there. It is well worth all the hassle with the documents. We were married in Hanioti town Hall which is a modern air conditioned building. The lady who married us was very friendly. We love how informal it all is yet still very special. The walk afterwards through the side streets was very romantic as old ladies clapped and gathered petals off the tress and threw them over us. It is something you we don't do over her walking together hand in hand with Claire proudly showing off her beautiful dress.
We found a restaurant called Mesigios just off the square which is run by a woman. We asked her the day before to get in some champagne and she set our table up beautifully with petals on the table and had 3 bottles of Greek Champagne chilled waiting (all on trust, no deposit). I recommend the Greek champagne it was only about 10 Euros a bottle and we all liked it. She did us a lovely meal and threw in a variety of sweets for us all. We had a leisurely afternoon there and were not rushed. For a small party (there were 8 of us., I reckon they could do up to 20) it was perfect. We then went back to the hotel where Leo played When a Man loves a Woman and the beach broke in to spontaneous applause while we danced - It was lovely. We then swam and drank until 4am at the hotel, it was just the most fab day. Have I mentioned this - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING MARRIED OVER THERE. Forget spending £15,000 on a wedding here where you can't guarantee the weather. Get over there for a stress free marriage.
Thanks again to the Naias. It doesn't get much coverage on this site and we will definately be going back there.
Well done Hanioti for your resilience. The damage over the mountains is horrendous and such a shame. It should not however affect your hoilday as the place has really bounced back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2006 10:58AM by john.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login