Julia studios fourka

Julia studios fourka

Posted by Louise 
Louise
Julia studios fourka
April 19, 2003 12:20PM
Hi me and my boyfriend (both 20) are going to fourka 16th June and are stopping at the Julia studios we can't wait. we were wondering what there is for us to do when we go, does Thomson run trips to any places like the waterpark as I've heard its quite far? Also was wondering what other people thought of the apartments.
Thanx
Louise
kirsty
Re: Julia studios fourka
February 23, 2004 02:38PM
Hi, Me and my boyfriend are going there too on June 14, we are 21 and 27 so may see you there. Its so hard to find any info on this place. good luck!!
Kirsty x
Claire
February 23, 2004 03:18PM
Hello Kirsty and Louise,

These are the reviews i found about the Julia studios on a website that i found really helpful when looking for accomodation. Hope that they are of some help to you both!

Julia Studios - Fourka

Operator and Date: Thomson - September 2003

Opinion submitted in Oct 2003 by : Catherine and Russell Hodgson (52 & 53)

Resort Rating: Good

Accommodation Rating: Excellent

My/Our Holiday Opinion:

Our first time in Greece, and our first ever package holiday! The Julia is beautifilly sited on a wooded hillside just on the edge of the village, and set in very well tended gardens. The village is about 10 minutes walk away, with the nearest supermarket abiut 5 minutes.

The apartment we had was spotlessly clean and comfortable. As far as earlier comments about cooking facilities are concerned - who wants to cook on holiday? The food in the pool bar is freshly cooked to order and very good value for money. Bacon sarnies for breakfast always went down well, and Mama's greek salad is ace!

All the staff were great - friendly and helpful, and most spoke at least some English, though they all seemed to appreciate our fumbling attempts at Greek (or was that amused). The manager, Rania is excellent, with perfect English, and knows everything that goes on. She is unvaryingly helpful, as was the Thomson rep, Gemma. (Who won't be there next year as she'll be working in Rhodes)

The resort itself was winding down for the end of the season, so some of the Tavernas closed the day after we arrived. That hardly left us strapped for choice, though. Subjective reviews of the ones we tried are:-
Viktoria - over hyped, largely by themselves. Food average and service slow and surly. Also, why go to Greece to eat curry? Music playing when we went would have embarassed a supermarket!

La Strada - Their home made 55% proof Tsipouro is worth trying. Unfortunately the food isn't, and a couple who stayed in the appartment next to us had a sweet moussaka there!
Hersonnisos - Very good food, lots of freebies (soup, puddings, etc), and the owner, Alkis, is very friendly. Very good service

Giovannis - best place for an afternoon snack people watching in the square and relaxing to the chillout music. Evenings are pretty crowded here, as the food's very good, and the service is too. Iannis will try to teach you some basic Greek if you want, though his English is good.
Bella Venezia - A first floor location overlooking the square and the sunset if you get there early enough. 10% discount for pre 9.30 arrivals, and again freebies. Food very good and the best House Red in the village
Faros - This is where the Greeks eat. Need we say more. Absolutely superb food, excellent service and good atmosphere. Prices lower than many places.

There's not much to do in the village but eat, drink and a bit of rudimentary shopping, so it's a perfect holiday for couples of all ages who don't want to go clubbing, but just want to chill out, soak up some rays by the pool with a Mythos beer, or go down to the beach and swim in the ludicrously warm sea. Try to catch the sunset from the beach at least once, to see the sun go down over Mount Olympus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia Studios - Fourka

Operator and Date: Thomson July/August 2003

Opinion submitted in Aug 2003 by : Malcolm Linsley ( 50,47,15,15 )

Resort Rating: Very Good

Accommodation Rating: Excellent

My/Our Holiday Opinion:

A typical Greek resort and great appartments (particularly when we arrived in the morning at 4 AM and the bar was still open), Spiradula was behind the bar from 6.00 PM until the early hours of the morning serving cocktails alcoholic milk shakes and pizza but more importantly ice cold Mythos. She is always very happy and great company. Breakfast is very good with plenty of choice from 5 euro's for the works to 3 euro's for a very nice bacon sandwich, you can also get great salads and home made pizza all prepared with great care by Meni and served by her daughter Rania, they are very nice people who make you feel very welcome, the pool is great and well cared for as are the rooms. There are some very good Taverna's one of particular note being Viktoria's were you get a very nice meal with drinks for about 50 euro's for 4 people for 2 courses with free brandy and water melon after, if you like Greek fast food the 24 hour restaurant in the square is very good and also good value.

The surrounding area is well worth a visit but you need a car, the sunshine cruise is great fun and well worth the 40 euro's each including lunch on the boat, Captain Mikalaes is crazy but a great laugh and the beach you visit on Sythonia has to be seen to be believed.

Fourka itself is mainly a Greek resort and Brits are well in the minority but we thought that this made it better, after all the Greek's are very freindly people, for the more adventurous try the walk up the hill through the trees between Julia's and Avra and visit the small Church at the top and then further on about 600 metres this really is tranquility itself.
I suppose the acid test is would we go again the answer being definitely, many thanks to Meni, Rania and in particular Spiri for making our stay very enjoyable and of course our Thomson's rep Gemma.

Angela and Malcolm Linsley and Girl's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia Studios - Fourka

Operator and Date: Thompson October 2002

Opinion submitted in Oct 2002 by : Mr Mrs Lowery Devon 48

Resort Rating: Poor

Accommodation Rating: Good

My/Our Holiday Opinion:

Well I'm sorry to all the other people who have raved about this resort being the real taste of Greece! If this is the real taste of Greece I may as well have gone to Skegness. We stayed in the Julia Apartments ,very clean but not much in the way of equipment to cook with (although that didn't matter that much as there was nothing in the supermarkets worth cooking) you will need a travel kettle as none is supplied. Walls very thin and you can hear other guest most personal habits! Julia Apartments are situated about 10 mins from the main village across a main road. Bar is very good and the pool is quite large. Lots of grounds for you to lounge around in also (saves going into the village) Dogs a problem at night with constant howling and barking .

Now the village and I use that term advisedly. While I admit we were some of the last guests to stay in Fourka for the season the place was like a scene from High Noon apartments shut up rubbish strewn in the streets dogs prowling around the streets.

The Beach was very narrow in parts and although there weren't very many people in the resort at the time I very much doubt if the beach would cope with the hordes of people that would be ther in high summer. The beach itself was littered with rubbbish and had an old river bed with a broken pipe in it very scruffy. Restaurants By in large were offering mainly British food and some Greek (that sif you don't mind eating it with the Dogs prowling in between the tables . I could go on very dissapointing for my first time in Greece. Don't go to Fourka. Its a dump!

Julia Studios - Fourka

Operator and Date: thomson - september 2002

Opinion submitted in Oct 2002 by : steve dibble - somerset (46,45)

Resort Rating: Very Good

Accommodation Rating: Very Good

My/Our Holiday Opinion:

The resort has changed in the last 3 years or so,the beach was well worn and could do with a good cleaning and raking as it was such a good beach the last time we were on it in 1999,perhaps it's coming to the end of the season. The Julia studios were very friendly and the accomodation just right for seasoned travellers to Greece.It was kept very clean and the beds were quite comfortable but beware of creepy crawlies coming under the door at night,such as small gekos and millipedes and watch out for the mosquitoes this time of year.As for eating out you are in for a treat if you use the Karniggio or (The brown Stone as it is known in English)the fantastic reception you will receive from Pantellis is next to royalty as he is very attentive to all of your needs.The steaks are cooked to your liking and all of the food including the greek dishes are the best I have ever had in Greece.Also his village wine is the best I have tasted in Greece.

Julia Studios - Fourka

Operator and Date: thomson - Date Not Specified

Opinion submitted in Dec 2003 by : kath - stoke (18,18,18,18,18,17)

Resort Rating: Below Average

Accommodation Rating: Good

My/Our Holiday Opinion:

The resort of fourka was quiet, not much to do at night apart from go to jimmys bar, they stop serving when you stop drinking, so can't complain about that. a variety of restaurants, try the victoria and their stifado a greek dish.

the apartments were very very clean can't complain at all, maid service every single day when we were there and they even did the washing up! The studios very basic and very small, but its really only somewhere to sleep isn't it. overall a very nice holiday apart from all the fighting in our party but we won't go into that!
katie
March 03, 2005 11:25AM
can anybody tell me/give me the email address for the julia studios

thanks
Jim
March 03, 2005 12:48PM
Hello Katie
Can't provide you with email address, sorry. But if you want to know more about Julia, check out a few topics below this one in the list, lots of info there for you.
katie
March 04, 2005 09:20AM
I havent stayed in the julia but i know its lovely apartments quiet and tranquil! I love fourka me and my fiancee went there last may and loved it , we went back in october too, made some lovely friends out there, george, roxanne and illias from jimmys r gr8!
Maxie Smith
March 29, 2005 11:57AM
Have you had any luck with email address?

I'm going there in July and would also like the address to contact beforehand.

Good luck and have a great holiday.

Maxie.
Akor
Go clubbing in fourka
June 01, 2005 01:05PM
Guys
Go in Fourka only in July, August if you are looking for clubbing. I will be working there this summer from the 25th at the Solois club

see you there
ak
Kate and Rob (7.8.06 - 21.8.06)
August 26, 2006 01:56PM
Well what can we say about Julia Studios!? Fantastic! As people have already said (moaned) they are very basic, but who wants to go on holiday and cook a 3 course meal? The kitchenette is equipped with 2 rings and a small fridge, sink and cupboards. I suppose it depends what you want to go on holiday for, if you prefer to go away and cook then it maybe not for you! If you like to get out and try the local cuisine and maybe cook simple meals/snacks for lunch then it is for you! The apprtments are very clean and cleaned everyday appart from sunday. Bed linen and towels are changed twice a week. Beds are comfy and the airconditioning is a god send as we wenet in august. It is on from mid-night until 7am which is fine as you can get a goodnight sleep, and we werent in our room at all as the grounds are lovely and pleasant for the day if you like spending time around the pool or sitting in the gardens and reading etc. The pool is a nice size and has a children's part also which is very shallow, but be warned the main pool is very deep, nice to jump inot when you are hot. There is a pool bar that offer a large range of different things to eat and drink, try the milkshakes-gorgeous! The village square is about a 5-10min walk away and this offers plenty of tavernas and bars to eat or drink at, and they offer lots and lots of Greek dishes to try! We recomend the Viktoria it is situated just as you get in to the square on the left hand side, fantastic and very reasonable! But the place we loved the most has to be FAROS, this is in the square on the left hand side also up a side street! VALUE FOR MONEY! Amazing food and the people are so warm and welcoming we ate there a lot! There are not many shops, a few to have a look around but it is a busy square as the it gets later with many Greek families coming out to eat later, which is nice to see! The beach is just off the square and there are around 3-4 different beaches, small in size. The beach the is close to Jimmy's bar is very busy and packed full of beds and umberellas, which we didnt like, so we stayed on the middle beach which is a lot quieter and relaxed with a few beds! But whatever you prefer if you are looking for a quiet and very relaxing holiday Fourka and the Julia Apts are the place to be!

We had a fantastic time and can not wait to get back there! Have a good holiday!
Janine
September 04, 2006 01:12PM
Me and my partner went to fourka last september and we loved it...loved the people,the food,especially at viktoria taverna,the kleftika and the fried cougettes are a must! we would deffinatley go again...it was a bit quiet but everyday was great for our first package holiday abroad.we also hired a car, which I reccomend as we got to see all of the peninsula and found some gorgeous (secret) beaches,Hanioti's beaches are great also.If someone asked me to go again I would!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login