fuel surcharge

fuel surcharge

Posted by brian o'rourke 
brian o'rourke
fuel surcharge
August 05, 2006 01:44AM
got a quote today for family holiday oct' 07...and part of the breakdown of the costing on a libra holiday for 60+weeks away was a 'fuel surcharge' of £ 35 pp...surely this is a con how can they surcharge you over one full year away????if theyre are additional costs surely at this time they would show it as a basic cost..how can they say over 60 weeks away that there will be a fuel surcharge...surerly a 'fuel surcharge' is something then did'nt know about/or cost for but they are speculating over a year away...if it was in the basic cost it would'nt stick out a mile......
i think tour companies are using this as a weapon to increase profits for ever more.
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
Re: fuel surcharge
August 05, 2006 04:09PM
you got THAT one right Brian

one airline wanted to charge me and my partner £80 each an £35 for my infant

they got told where to stick their surcharge
Manc Lass
August 29, 2006 02:54PM
Holiday companies have to include this in the breakdown of price due to the Government demanding this is done as a green tax to put us of polluting.

The Holiday company I use dont charge extra for it as we have paid similiar cheap prices prior to this fuel tax- they just have to show the government that they are doing what they are told to by putting this on your invoice.

We have travelled with the same company since 2001 and they are great, we are a family of five and even though we need two rooms in some places we still always pay less than everyone else
by playing them at there game on the net.

Last minute is the best time to get great cheap deals even to four or five star accomodation.
I've never paid a brochure price or under occupancy charges either its all rubbish.
Also two of my kids are classed as adults in their own room.

You've just got to know how not to get ripped off!
August 29, 2006 03:00PM
hi manc lass
WHAT COMPANY DO YOU USE?WE ARE A FAMILY OF 9 AND STRUGGLE EVERY YEAR.
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 31, 2006 06:26AM
I just booked for 2007 to Fourka
2 Weeks self cater but with Brecky option(take it or leave it)

total price £830 with cot and balcony with sea view.
party 2 adults 1 infant

only £10 more than 2004.

roll on MAY
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login