Present situation in Hanioti (YES or NO)???

Posted by Static 
Static
August 28, 2006 12:16PM

I received those new information's from Hanioti this morning. I am asking our Greek friends to tell us more details if they have ones.

1) There ware a extremely big rain on Kassandra yesterday (or day before, I am not sure)
2) Good thing is that fire is completely gone on every spot of Kassandra and there is no danger for new one
3) Second good news is that there are no more smoking threes and bushes so air should be very clean again in day or two.
4) Not so good news is that Hanioti (and probably other places) was literally under water for few hours because rivers from hills run away through town on its way to sea. That flood waters were full of ash and dirt from burned forests so just cleaned Hanioti is full of ash again.
5) Worst news is that enormously large quantity of ash and dirt carried by flood rivers gone to sea, to Toroneo bay. This is real ecological catastrophe which could have influence not only to Hanioti, Polihrono and Pefkohori but to whole Kassandra and right side oh Sithonia too.

I received those information's from our tourist agency representative in Hanioti. He was very optimistic two days ago, but today he is quite disappointed and sad.
kostas
Re: Present situation in Hanioti (YES or NO)???
August 28, 2006 06:11PM
everything its true exept the ecological disaster.the sea will be clean but it will take 3-4 months
Static
Re: Present situation in Hanioti (YES or NO)???
August 28, 2006 08:44PM
Thank you Kostas,

I am sure that winter rains and winds will completely clean sea and air, but it seams that end of season will not be preaty as it used to be. God help Kassandra.

I heard that flood was so large that cars and containers were carried by water. Main rain water chanel in Hanioti were to small for extremely large quantity of water.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login