New fires

New fires

Posted by vikki 
vikki
New fires
August 23, 2006 10:15AM
Have just spoken to Thomas cook and have been advised of new fires starting today. Anyone travelling in the next few days are being transfered to thessolonika.

Hope this helps.
Re: New fires
August 23, 2006 10:16AM
Do you know where the fires are?
vikki
August 23, 2006 11:42AM
pefkohori, hanioti and the other village next to hanoiti.
Robbie
August 23, 2006 11:54AM
Vikki,

You're surprising everybody... everyone tells that fire is stopped, and you say of new fires... Now I suggest for everyone's sake to take a glass of watter, relax and stop spreadding fake news.
vikki
August 23, 2006 12:08PM
well have a look at thomascook.co.uk and oh by the way as i am travelling shortly, i have spoken to thomas cook and they have confirmed this!! (mainly as my flight is this pm)

So please do not patronise me! i am been told by my travel agent, so i think i will be listening to them at this point in time!!

Thanks
Robbie
August 23, 2006 12:28PM
Well, maybe though the phone you got new infos. Latest available on their site is
"Fires in Halkidiki, Greece

You may have seen the media reports of forest fires in Greece overnight. Thomas Cook can assure holidaymakers that these fires are now out and all Thomas Cook guests currently in the three affected resorts have returned to their hotels and are continuing to enjoy their holidays.

The Halkidiki region is a large area with many tourist resorts not being affected.

The areas closest to the forest fires are Pefkhori, Hanioti and Polichrono but Thomas Cook hotels have not been damaged and continue to welcome guests.

Normal booking conditions apply to all holidays booked to Halkidiki. "

If I were in your place, I've chosen the same... NOT TO GO THERE. Still, I hope people from Halkidiki who read these lines, to react and confirm or not these infos, but not to panic.

I'll go there in 2 weeks, in Pefkohori, so I'm very interested about everything there.

Asking apologizes if I seemed patronizing, not my intention.

Good flight and nice holliday, Vicky!
Stella
August 24, 2006 05:26PM
Vikki can u stop stirring stuff done 4 get there are people on this site that live in halkidiki so stop spreading stuff about new fires when the people that live there are the people that really know about the fire that is now under control!
Kayleesha
August 24, 2006 05:59PM
What is this about th new fires viki?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 24, 2006 07:05PM
the fires are not under control there anything but under control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scared
August 24, 2006 07:53PM
we were with Neilson and they told us at 11pm on Tuesday night that everything was safe but we were woken at 3am with the fire just on the other side of the road to the hotel. We had to spend the night on the beach surrounded by fire and smoke - it was terrifying - don't believe everything the tour operators tell you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login