Always the same story

Always the same story

Posted by Erik 
Erik
Always the same story
August 23, 2006 08:00PM
In a lot of reports I heard, read, and saw on television, I conclude that there have been (and still are) serious problems due to the fires on Kassandra peninsula.

Otherwise I can read a lot of reactions on this forum, with the message "no problem at all, please come to Hanioti, Kriopigi, Pefkohori, and so on... the sun is shining".

So 2 voices that sound contradictory.

A few years ago I felt obliged to cancell a holiday, due to a bomb attack in Egypt (there were a lot of victims) in that village where we would stay 1 week after the attack.
The tour operator told us that they saw no problem for going on with the holiday. "The sun was shining."

The real fact: tourism is Big Business, in the first place for the tour operators and for the local hotels. Money money money.

When you have to run in the middle of the night, direction beach, with the cinders burning against the back of your legs, the sun continues shining for the big profit of the big tourist sector!

I feel with the poor tourists who all had fear for their life...

MONEY MONEY MONEY
roy
Re: Always the same story
August 23, 2006 09:32PM
I am not after your money so get the facts from the locals that live here.It is safe the towns are not burnt to the ground the only real losers here are the wild life.A few buidings on the outskirts got burnt but that is it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login