polichrono

polichrono

Posted by mary 
mary
polichrono
August 02, 2006 12:11PM
Hello: I have been to Polychrono twice. I have recently discovered and have been reading the message board, and I noticed one of the messages made reference to the area being developed and/or built up. This was distressing to read. The last time I was there was six years ago (my Yorkie just turned 7 years old and she sets my agenda-I am reluctant to travel with her because she is VERY precious). Can anyone tell me if the changes are significant, ie. are the highrises built on the waterfront? and that sort of thing? I have good memories of Polychrono and I have always thought it might be an option when my golden years arrive (just around the corner) for retirement. Thanks, Mary
jeff fourkas mad dog man
Re: polichrono
August 02, 2006 05:51PM
hi Mary

when i was last in Poly there where new Appartments to the WEST end of poly

up the back Street nr the Pharmacy they were Bulldozing it to make way for more Appartments where there was once scrub land
thats about all i can tell you for now.

yamas
mary
August 03, 2006 11:30AM
Hey Jeff: Thanks for your reply. When were you last there? Do you know anything about the real estate values? When I was last in Polychrono six years ago, I stayed in a small motel, which I understand is no longer there, situated a few doors away from Jean Marie Hotel (I think that is near the bakery, and if I am not mistaken, the police station). I am thinking about returning to Greece at some point in the near future and I will definitely spend time in this area. I hope I am not disappointed. Thanks again, Mary
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 04, 2006 07:44AM
hiya Mary

was last in Polichrono 2 yrs ago and i shall be returning to visit when i stay in Fourka 2007

i take it from your sympatico address your in Canada???

Real Estate is pretty cheap at the moment but as the resorts or villages get better known and due to tourism in Greece getting stronger each year then i can see Real Estate going up fast . BUT i think it will kill Greece the same as Spain did as more visitors went to Spain they got greedy and upped the holiday prices and it seems from what i read nowadays parts of Greece will go same way and kill them selves off with greed ..
My friend Nikos says that Greece regrets getting the Euro instead of Drachma as holiday makers now spend less than they did before.

now for the Bakery (my favourite place in Poly lol)the Bakery and Police station still stands where it was and the street leading from there to the Beach is now called .....Billys Land

I along with my wife used to get fresh doughnuts from the Store facing the bakery and had many a cake and coffee there mid- afternoon.

Hanioti is still much the same just more diners clothes shops and tavernas to go see lol
I love Hanioti at night but daytime it seems very slow and grey

well must finish here Mary...... hope as like me you retire to Greece and live the rest of your days soaking up the Greek atmosphere
yamas JEFF
BTW i live 1 k from where the Pilgrim Fathers set sail to America from England
mary
August 04, 2006 09:45PM
Hey Jeff: What is "yamas"? And why is that street called "Billy's Land"? Thank you again for the info. Yes I am from Canada, Ontario more precisely. I have relatives in Slovakia and that, surprisingly, is how I came to be introduced to Polychrono. I stayed at a small motel called Polycrhonos Villas, a few doors away from the Jean Marie Hotel. Did you know of it? I kept in touch with Demetrios, the owner, and a couple of years ago he told me that this property was levelled and there now stands a few new houses on the land. I hope to return soon and scout out a small motel to buy. Thanks again, Mary
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 04, 2006 10:59PM
Hi Mary

"YAMAS"means cheers
looks like you will have to brush up on your greek lol

billys land is owned by a greek called billy and he owns most of the real estate in polychrono now lol.

i dated a woman from Chatham for 2 yrs but she wouldnt move to england so we split but still talk as friends

i dont know of the hotel as we stayed mainly in fourka on the west side from poly but stayed twice in nikos`s appartments in poly ..... poly has changed i guess from when you stayed there.

please save my email address so in case you do finally get that motel you never know we may meet up some time in polychrono..

kalispera(good afternoon)
yamas jeff
mary
August 06, 2006 09:11PM
Hi Jeff: Thanks for the reply. Thanks for the Greek lesson. I shall keep this message short, as I am not a work (it being Sunday, and tomorrow is a civic holiday in Ontario, so no work again) and I am in the midst of preparing for a barbeque tonight. I cannot cook in my kitchen because it is very, very hot in Toronto. Last week, we had record breaking temps, one night it only went down to 27 degrees C, and although it is not sizzling now, its still pretty hot. I will save your email, just in case I do get my motel and I need business. Have a great weekend. Yamas, Mary. P.S. If you (or anyone else reading this message) should chance upon anyone retiring from their motel business, and want to sell, let me know.
joyce
August 16, 2006 03:31PM
hi
just got back from polichrono 5th time of going, a great place to go good beach, apartment we stayed in very clean with air conditioning, which you needed the sarikas studio apartments run by antony and zoe sarikas who are a very nice couple i would recommend giving them a try, not too expensive either, just tell them joyce smith recommended you. cockney cafe great place to eat when you have tried all the geek food, john and mel will make you feel welcome. if you need more nightlife just get a taxi or bus into pefkahori or hanioti. i definately will be going back next year.
joyce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login